Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1
sytrusze
macrumors member

Unlink iPhone from iTunes

Dear members,

5 months ago i bought an iPhone 4 for my sister. The first day i activated the phone on MY mac. The phone has never been connected to MY mac since only to my sister's laptop till today.

Anyway, when i connect the phone to MY mac i can just drag and drop music from my library to the phone, only my laptop allows this. I think this is due to the activation on MY mac. Can i unlink her phone from my mac and link it to her laptop somehow?

Thanks
sytrusze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 02:42 PM   #2
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

Once she tries to sync the phone to her computer it will warn her it has been synced to a different library. If she syncs to her computer it will lose any content that has been added from your computer.

Once she does that, it separates itself from your computer. She will need to be very careful she has all of the content on her phone backed up to her computer, contacts and calendar synced to supported application and a library of music she will want to sync to. Photos imported to the computer as well.
CSMchris376 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone