Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Jgrimey
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
H20 on AT&T iPhone 4

I'm not sure what to do next , I purchased about 3 sim cards and activated a monthly plan with H20. However I can not get the phone to stop saying " No Sim " any help??
Jgrimey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:32 PM   #2
miss.manson
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrimey View Post
I'm not sure what to do next , I purchased about 3 sim cards and activated a monthly plan with H20. However I can not get the phone to stop saying " No Sim " any help??
Are you jailbroken?
__________________
"There Are Things Known, and Things Unknown, and In Between Are the Doors of Perception" - William Blake
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Jgrimey
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
Are you jailbroken?
Yes did it with redsnow
But does jail breaking really even matter to just to see if it works when u pop in the sim??
Jgrimey is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:09 PM   #4
CubeHacker
macrumors 65816
 
CubeHacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Is it a microsim? Did you cut it correctly? It should work perfectly.
CubeHacker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:29 PM   #5
OlgaJ
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Unless your iPhone is unlocked, your AT&T iPhone will not work. I think that in addition to jailbreak, you have to run a separate utility to unlock it.
OlgaJ is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:53 PM   #6
chakraj
macrumors 65816
 
chakraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal
No that's not true H2O is a reseller of AT&T spectrum so the AT&T phones work because they are on AT&T. You don't even have to unlock them.
chakraj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:01 PM   #7
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020
 
aziatiklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
No that's not true H2O is a reseller of AT&T spectrum so the AT&T phones work because they are on AT&T. You don't even have to unlock them.
you sure about that? If you say so why not call h20 or even att for support! Sounds like h20 is just using att towers.
__________________
ppleholic
aziatiklover is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:03 PM   #8
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)
 
grapes911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Citizens Bank Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
you sure about that? If you say so why not call h20 or even att for support! Sounds like h20 is just using att towers.
H2O is using AT&T towers. From everything I've heard, because of that, no unlock is needed.

Edit: Here is a thread where others have said this is true. I have no reason not to believe them.
__________________
grapes911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:23 PM   #9
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a
 
TheBigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PR
i have h2o on my 4s works really good something bad are u doing
__________________
i iPhone 5s 32GB Silver , Macbook Pro 13, 8GB Ram 500 GB HD
TheBigKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Jgrimey
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeHacker View Post
Is it a microsim? Did you cut it correctly? It should work perfectly.
Yes, 2 of the 3 I bought cut with scissors and the 3rd I bought a micro sim cutter and 3 both say no sim. Idk if it's cuz I might have the gold plate off by a little or not

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapes911 View Post
H2O is using AT&T towers. From everything I've heard, because of that, no unlock is needed.

Edit: Here is a thread where others have said this is true. I have no reason not to believe them.
That's exactly what I heard, they use AT&T towers so there was no unlock needed but jailbreak was needed. I went to apple dude didn't know anything about h20 and went to find info on it he then told me I needed to call AT&T to unlock the phone for h20 to work; so I did; I talk to AT&T tech support they tell me they do know why he told me that because they will not unlock iPhones needless to say I have a monthly plan I bought and still can't get it to work

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKing View Post
i have h2o on my 4s works really good something bad are u doing
So since u have it, all u did was pop in he sim and it FOUND your h20 service?
Jgrimey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:32 PM   #11
Cingular
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaJ
Unless your iPhone is unlocked, your AT&T iPhone will not work. I think that in addition to jailbreak, you have to run a separate utility to unlock it.
It should work. It doesn't need to be jailbroken or unlocked. This also works on Straight talk and Red pocket
Cingular is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:28 AM   #12
Jgrimey
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cingular View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)



It should work. It doesn't need to be jailbroken or unlocked. This also works on Straight talk and Red pocket

I seen online in order to use straight talk on the iPhone you need to purchase the phone thats around 200 something, is that true? And do you or fellow commenters know if the baseband can play into this or regardless it should work ?
Jgrimey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:43 AM   #13
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a
 
TheBigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrimey View Post
Yes, 2 of the 3 I bought cut with scissors and the 3rd I bought a micro sim cutter and 3 both say no sim. Idk if it's cuz I might have the gold plate off by a little or not

----------



That's exactly what I heard, they use AT&T towers so there was no unlock needed but jailbreak was needed. I went to apple dude didn't know anything about h20 and went to find info on it he then told me I needed to call AT&T to unlock the phone for h20 to work; so I did; I talk to AT&T tech support they tell me they do know why he told me that because they will not unlock iPhones needless to say I have a monthly plan I bought and still can't get it to work

----------



So since u have it, all u did was pop in he sim and it FOUND your h20 service?
yes no problems only pop it and ready to go
__________________
i iPhone 5s 32GB Silver , Macbook Pro 13, 8GB Ram 500 GB HD
TheBigKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:03 PM   #14
OlgaJ
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
No that's not true H2O is a reseller of AT&T spectrum so the AT&T phones work because they are on AT&T. You don't even have to unlock them.
In the H20 help section, their instructions include unlocking, at least for iOS 4.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC....php?page=help
OlgaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:01 PM   #15
Jgrimey
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaJ View Post
In the H20 help section, their instructions include unlocking, at least for iOS 4.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC....php?page=help
I didnt see anything but I have 5.0.1 anyway
Jgrimey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:11 PM   #16
OlgaJ
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrimey View Post
I didnt see anything but I have 5.0.1 anyway
It's under the benefits tab. Scroll down and you will see the iphone listed there.
OlgaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:15 AM   #17
Jgrimey
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKing View Post
yes no problems only pop it and ready to go
Wow unbelievable wish that happened to me, if it's reading no sim all I can think is the plates aren't touching right. I cut a tmobile sim card it reads no service so idk I'm stuck, how are your gold plates? Straight in middle without any of it touching the metal? Or is it touching a little bit?
Jgrimey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:21 AM   #18
OlgaJ
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrimey View Post
Wow unbelievable wish that happened to me, if it's reading no sim all I can think is the plates aren't touching right. I cut a tmobile sim card it reads no service so idk I'm stuck, how are your gold plates? Straight in middle without any of it touching the metal? Or is it touching a little bit?
I know for a fact that you need to unlock the iphone for T-Mobile to work. You've already jailbroken the iphone. Unlock it and see what happens.
OlgaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ios7 no mms sim swap no longer works h20 mobile Bswegzs iOS 7 0 Sep 19, 2013 06:35 PM
iPhone 5 Official Review, Unboxing, & Comparison (B&W Versions) vs iPhone 4 -djSkee Omacc iPhone 0 Sep 21, 2012 11:19 AM
AT&T iPhone 5 on H20 rlp2011 iPhone 3 Sep 17, 2012 03:58 PM
iPhone 3GS Coming To H20 Wireless rnbgrilla iPhone 4 Aug 1, 2012 01:24 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC