Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheArcane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Hey there! I know a lot of people are having trouble with Glasklart HD or missing Icons for it so I thought I'd start a thread to help people!

GKHD-0-Photo.jpg

Rethought & remade for retina display. Optimized for WinterBoard using the snappier™ bundles method. Out-of-the-way transparent WinterBoard theme that let's you really showcase your wallpaper. Glasklart is swedish, it means "clear as glass".

Either download from Cydia (search for Glasklart HD),
or head over to http://www.maxthemes.com

This theme is for iPhone 4(S) & iPad ONLY, if you have an earlier iPhone, please try Glasklart Classic instead. GUI elements that were present in Glasklart Classic has to be remade and will be added on a 'when-it's-done' basis.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

GKHD-ifile-0.jpg

To prevent some of the icons from showing up against a black graphic, please follow these steps.

1. Connect to your device using SSH or use the iFile app on your iOS device (free download from Cydia).

2. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/

GKHD-ifile-1.jpg

3a (for iPhone) Rename "AppIconMask@2x.png" to something else, such as "AppIconMask@2x-backup.png".

3b (for iPad) Rename "AppIconMask-72.png" to something else, such as "AppIconMask-72-backup.png".

GKHD-ifile-2.jpg

4. Open WinterBoard and reselect the Icons package and Respring. If you don't see any changes yet, try to reboot your device.
Now you icons should show up correctly. A side effect of this change is that unthemed icons will become square since they can't find the mask image. Starting from 4.2.1, it seems the pressed state of icons is also missing…
Unfortunately, at this time this is the only solution. I'm hoping for a fix in WinterBoard, if that's where the limitation lies.

If you want to stop using Glasklart, simply change the png file back to it's original name.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Requesting Icons

Please keep your requests to 5 icons per post!

Check the Glasklart icon index maintained by choice, NainRouge and bli625 and see if the icon already has been made:
http://is.gd/egQTE

If it hasn't been made, provide the icon graphics:
http://iextract.quadrat4.de/

…and also the bundle identifier and icon filename:
http://iphone.xengi.net/cfbundleidentifier/
If the app is not listed, read here how to find out the bundle identifier:
http://iphone.xengi.net/cfbundleidentifier/faqs.php

Discuss and read more in this Pinned topic:
http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16806300

I am collecting the icons in this thread - they will eventually end up in the package through Cydia. Be patient.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Contributing Icons

Glasklart HD is a community effort, feel free to contribute and expand the number!

Please post the app name, bundle ID and the icon png names. For large contributions, I appreciate a zip file with organized icons!

Glasklart HD Icon Template

Please, please, read the Read Me included with the template for information on how to set up your device for theming, how to use Bundles, the template and how to contribute icons.

There is an alternate way to theme icons, using Folders/appname.app/icon.png. However, I urge you to use the Bundle Identifier method described in the Read Me instead. The Folder method does not scale and we will eventually end up with app names conflicting with each other. This will not happen with the Bundle Identifier because it is a unique string. So Please give that extra effort and find out the Bundle Identifier.

Bubbi made a YouTube tutorial video showing one way to create a GKHD icon in Photoshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2_1Jl6nNA&fmt=22

The current solution for third party icon theming is a bit cumbersome and I hope it will get better with time. For further discussion on the method of theming third party icons: http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805117

Last edited:

TheArcane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
To request new icons to be made and to help people who are having trouble with Glasklart HD in iOS 5+.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Well you just jacked it from MacThemes. But whateva :rolleyes:

It won't theme my mail icon, or the iPod (using Unified iPod for iOS 5)

TheArcane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Well you just jacked it from MacThemes. But whateva :rolleyes:

It won't theme my mail icon, or the iPod (using Unified iPod for iOS 5)

Yeah I did since MacThemes registration is closed.

To fix those just go into Glasklart's theme folder and go to com.apple.mobilemail and change the icon file to 'Icon@2x.png'. Then for iPod go to com.apple.mobileipod and change icon-AudioPlayer@2x.png to 'icon@2x.png'.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009

To fix those just go into Glasklart's theme folder and go to com.apple.mobilemail and change the icon file to 'Icon@2x.png'. Then for iPod go to com.apple.mobileipod and change icon-AudioPlayer@2x.png to 'icon@2x.png'.

Ah yes, makes sense then I suppose. Can you view the board without registration? That thread over there is way too large anyway.

Thanks for that fix, I'll have to try that out.

BTW, anybody using Glasklart I recommend a theme called Clear Folders as well. Looks really nifty with Glasklart. Makes your folders look like this

----------

Do you have a fix for the calendar number not displaying in white?

It shows up like this

jesuispizza

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Ah yes, makes sense then I suppose. Can you view the board without registration? That thread over there is way too large anyway.

Thanks for that fix, I'll have to try that out.

BTW, anybody using Glasklart I recommend a theme called Clear Folders as well. Looks really nifty with Glasklart. Makes your folders look like this

----------

Do you have a fix for the calendar number not displaying in white?

It shows up like this

1) Go to the Glasklart HD Icons.theme folder (located at /private/var/stash/Themes)
2) Edit Info.plist
3) Remove the # before white on third and forth string

Should be "<string>color: white" instead of "<string>color: #white"

I also tried finding Clear Folders but it isn't working for me on ios5...too bad.

Last edited:

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
1) Go to the Glasklart HD Icons.theme folder (located at /private/var/stash/Themes)
2) Edit Info.plist

I also tried finding Clear Folders but it isn't working for me on ios5...too bad.

Hey man, heres the Clear Folder theme I use. Works for me. I put it somewhat near the top/at the top.

Attachments

• Clear folder without border iPhone 4.theme.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 904

voltes

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Hey thanks for this. Im starting to slowly change all my icons to the white style and so far I haven't seen Find Friends and Airport Utitlity (for starters). I know some photoshop so might give that a shot a bit later. But my problem is how to find out the bundle identifier names for the apple built-in apps. This is very helpful since I did try to signup at Macthemes but no longer open for registration. Cheers! :)

Edit: Found how to get the identifiers by downloading Appinfo from Cydia. I already have

Find Friends
com.apple.mobileme.fmf1
File should be Icon@2x.png

friendsft.png

I just copied this png from the web

Last edited:

voltes

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
I do like the clear look but so far I have this more opaque look instead.

photo-1.png

I copied these two files into the Glasklart HD Folders theme inside stash/var

FolderIconBG2xiphone.png

FolderIconBG2x.png

Successfully made my first Icon.

This is Airport Utility
com.apple.airport.mobileairportutility
rename to: Icon@2x

airportutil_Icon2x.png

Last edited:

hammten

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008

2) Edit Info.plist

Wow, unbelievable! it worked perfectly and I was searching for a fix for this forever last night.

What a helpful thread....

To the above post, is there anyway to put those folder icons posted to the folder just using my phone and ifile? If you could give some step by step instructions, I would be forever grateful. My theme is looking great on the white iPhone :)

voltes

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
To the above post, is there anyway to put those folder icons posted to the folder just using my phone and ifile? If you could give some step by step instructions, I would be forever grateful. My theme is looking great on the white iPhone :)

If there's a way for you to save that file to this folder in ifile

/private/var/stash/Themes.3xtr5m/Glasklart HD Folders.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Then uncheck and check the settings on winterboard for the Glasklart HD folders.

Then respring.

oscarc

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
I do like the clear look but so far I have this more opaque look instead.

I copied these two files into the Glasklart HD Folders theme inside stash/var

Successfully made my first Icon.

This is Airport Utility
com.apple.airport.mobileairportutility
rename to: Icon@2x

How did you get your dock icons to line up like that? Is it a specific theme?

Markb26

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
Icon label

Hi there,

Looking to find a way to not have to have all the icon labels below my apps.
Anyone find a way to have them removed?
Also is there an icon for the rabobank app already?

antisoma

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Hi there,

Looking to find a way to not have to have all the icon labels below my apps.
Anyone find a way to have them removed?
Also is there an icon for the rabobank app already?

Springtomize 2 does this as well. It does all kinds of tweaks that we used to have to do manually or with individual tweaks from cydia.

There is probably also a cheaper way. Maybe a .plist edit, someone might know it.

Markb26

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
Springtomize 2 does this as well. It does all kinds of tweaks that we used to have to do manually or with individual tweaks from cydia.

There is probably also a cheaper way. Maybe a .plist edit, someone might know it.

Thanks! Going to try this...

iToine

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
Hi there !

I experience a strange bug under iOS 5.0.1. I installed Glasklart manually, that's to say I don't use winterboard anymore and I introduced the modded files manually using iFunBox.
As far as system apps (i.e. iOS apps) are concerned, the icons are transparent like under iOS 4.xx :rolleyes: great !
When I do it for store apps, they appear as if the black fix wasn't applied : the background is black and solid... I tried to use a system app icon in a store app and it doesn't work when the same icon file appears transparent in the system app just beside !!!

Do someone have any explanation for that crazy behaviour ?? Thanks in advance for your help ;)

hammten

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Hi there !

I experience a strange bug under iOS 5.0.1. I installed Glasklart manually, that's to say I don't use winterboard anymore and I introduced the modded files manually using iFunBox.
As far as system apps (i.e. iOS apps) are concerned, the icons are transparent like under iOS 4.xx :rolleyes: great !
When I do it for store apps, they appear as if the black fix wasn't applied : the background is black and solid... I tried to use a system app icon in a store app and it doesn't work when the same icon file appears transparent in the system app just beside !!!

Do someone have any explanation for that crazy behaviour ?? Thanks in advance for your help ;)

To prevent some of the icons from showing up against a black graphic, please follow these steps.

1. Connect to your device using SSH or use the iFile app on your iOS device (free download from Cydia).

2. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/

3a (for iPhone) Rename "AppIconMask@2x.png" to something else, such as "AppIconMask@2x-backup.png".

3b (for iPad) Rename "AppIconMask-72.png" to something else, such as "AppIconMask-72-backup.png".

4. Open WinterBoard and reselect the Icons package and Respring. If you don't see any changes yet, try to reboot your device.
Now you icons should show up correctly. A side effect of this change is that unthemed icons will become square since they can't find the mask image. Starting from 4.2.1, it seems the pressed state of icons is also missing…
Unfortunately, at this time this is the only solution. I'm hoping for a fix in WinterBoard, if that's where the limitation lies.

If you want to stop using Glasklart, simply change the png file back to it's original name.

hammten

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Edit: i'm an idiot....i had it plugged in and charging :)

thanks for the helpful thread everyone!

channie

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012

Hi, this thread has been extremely helpful! I managed to change the calendar color in a snap. But I'm still having trouble with changing icons from stock to clear. I followed the instructions on changing the 'com.apple.mobilemail and change the icon file to 'Icon@2x.png' but it's still not working. Can I please have some more help? I tried ssh and ifile and still no luck. I also have the same problem with the 'music' icon. Oh, and also my flixster icon is stock as well.

Thank you!!!!

channie

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
Hi, this thread has been extremely helpful! I managed to change the calendar color in a snap. But I'm still having trouble with changing icons from stock to clear. I followed the instructions on changing the 'com.apple.mobilemail and change the icon file to 'Icon@2x.png' but it's still not working. Can I please have some more help? I tried ssh and ifile and still no luck. I also have the same problem with the 'music' icon. Oh, and also my flixster icon is stock as well.

Thank you!!!!

**UPDATE**

I figured out the mail icon!! :) Still need some help on the music icon and flixster.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.