6G Nano not turning on - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Laimbeersux
macrumors regular

6G Nano not turning on

hey all, having a bit of trouble today with my 6G Nano. For about 6 months I've been using it daily about 3 hours a day playing podcasts on my way to and from work without any issues. Today when I pulled it out of the car and brought it in the house, I plugged it into the computer but for some reason it wouldn't start the sync. I tried re-connecting it to my car's cord that works as the iPod integration, tried plugging it into the computer again, tried plugging it into my iHome that I use for an alarm clock, nada. Any ideas? I have an 8gb one that I can use if this one is in fact bricked, but I'd rather use the one I'm currently using since it has 16gb of memory.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Laimbeersux
macrumors regular

What I should have asked was how to do a hard reset on the iPod. I found that about an hour after starting this thread and it solved my problem. For future reference to do a hard reset on the 6th Generation Nano you hold the Sleep/Wake/Power button and the Volume Down button down for 8-10 seconds and wait for the Apple sign to show up.

That solved my problem, any ideas what caused it or if it might be a recurring thing?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod