Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s1ns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Guys I'm just curious what phone are you guys using? I'm assuming that if you guys got an iPod touch you guys wouldn't be using an iPhone as they both have very similar features aside from the phone functionality. :D

Marlee12

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
Currently I’m using a galaxy S2. It is the best android out right now. It is freaking awesome. Its large screen, live wallpapers, Turn-by-turn voice GPS feature are really valuable!

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I don't have it anymore, but I did used to have both an iPod touch and an iPhone 4. At the time, there was no 64GB option for the iPhone, which is why I also had the touch.

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
I use an LG VX-8550 Chocolate. I see no reason to have a "smart" phone of any kind since I have the iPod Touch. And the 8550 is the smallest phone I've seen that is still actually usable.

fenskezen

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use an iPhone4. I had an iPod touch and a dumb phone. I thought I would use both but ended up selling my touch.

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
iPhone 4S here too. Having had an iPhone for years now, I've never contemplated buying an iPod touch.

I know a few people who used to have the iPod touch/Blackberry combo, and they claimed to have the best of all worlds. In reality no one wants to carry around multiple devices everywhere, and personally I find the functionality of an iPhone/touch is most useful when out and about. This and the fact that you always need a phone of some kind with you these days means a smartphone is the only option for me.

FYI all the people I knew who had Blackberrys now have iPhones - telling I think.

s1ns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
iPhone 4S here too. Having had an iPhone for years now, I've never contemplated buying an iPod touch.

I know a few people who used to have the iPod touch/Blackberry combo, and they claimed to have the best of all worlds. In reality no one wants to carry around multiple devices everywhere, and personally I find the functionality of an iPhone/touch is most useful when out and about. This and the fact that you always need a phone of some kind with you these days means a smartphone is the only option for me.

FYI all the people I knew who had Blackberrys now have iPhones - telling I think.

Yeah true. I was using blackberry few months back and got an ipod touch. Now i got a 4s and the ipod touch is doing what it should be doing a jukebox in my car.
The iphone is trully remarkable i was moving from iphone 4 to blackberry 9900 and couldnt live without the iphone i miss it at times. I need a blackberry though for work related purpose so im keeping both the 9900 and 4s. Might be selling the touch and save the money for the ipad 3/2s

Im surprised most of you own both iphone and ipod touch. Do you guys use both of them a lot?

Last edited:

LeighAnna Jones

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
LG Genesis and an iPod 4.

I really like my phone except for the processor is slower than molasses in 20 below weather. And the battery (sucks.

The only reason I remotely keep it is because I like the option of having a touchscreen and a qwerty keyboard. The keyboard is one of the best one's I've ever seen, but the touch screen... passes.

When I finish my year I'm probably getting an HTC Hero or a Samsung Mesmerize.

I keep my iPod because... well... I like the Apple program system, but not as a phone, you know what I mean? Even if I could get an iPhone with U.S. Cellular, I don't know if I would take it or not, because I think that Android is a better operating system for a smart phone, but I definitely like Apple's software for an entertainment device (iPod) and laptops.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Current phone is iPhone 4S, never had an iPod Touch before.

I used my iPod Nano for music (my Motorola Q sucked at music and everything else) until I got my second smartphone, the iPhone 3G.

s1ns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
LG Vu plus and iPad. I have since gave my iPod touch to my husband after upgrading to the iPad.

Now I am saving money for an iPhone 4s

you will love it. the dual core does have big changes in day to day use especially loading web pages in safari and loading in apps.

Source: my own experience.

Da Citizen

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Leeds, UK
I'm on an iPhone 4, it's my corporate device. My personal contract is just a handset-less micro SIM incase I need to tether my iPad. The contract runs out in Sept so I'll be after an iPhone 5 around then.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
I use a Samsung Solstice. I only text, so nothing else is really a big deal.

God i hate that phone. I bought the Samsung Mythic, it was a basically a Solstice with 3.2mp camera and flash and 3.5mm headphone jack. The UI was terrible, and so laggy and unresponsive I was done with it in less than a month. Be glad you only text, and don't need that horrible internet browser

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Just a basic crappy non-smartphone Samsung Reality. It's garbage and I hate it.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
My iPhone 4 is lucky enough from my company. First it was disconnected from email/Exchange server and also no VPN. At that time I had all freedom. Now with the connection to our company server the security get more tight controlled and certain thing, while technically still possible, are not supposed to be done. E.g. OS upgrades :(

So I keep my iPod touch as music device (also has more memory) together with my iPad and be independent from company policies.

Hope that combo remain once the iP5 comes out

s1ns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
My iPhone 4 is lucky enough from my company. First it was disconnected from email/Exchange server and also no VPN. At that time I had all freedom. Now with the connection to our company server the security get more tight controlled and certain thing, while technically still possible, are not supposed to be done. E.g. OS upgrades :(

So I keep my iPod touch as music device (also has more memory) together with my iPad and be independent from company policies.

Hope that combo remain once the iP5 comes out

glad to hear that corporation making its moves to iPhone. God i hate blackberry its complicated and RIM don't care about 'user experience' like apple does.

----------

Wrong. I use two iPhones :p

Ha ! and an iPod touch? do you really use all of them?:rolleyes:

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
Along with having a Ipod Touch 4 I used a HTC Thunderbolt can't beat having 4g and Blackberry Torch.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.