Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

100Years

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Hi all,

I have been setting up my Mac Pro (5,1, Lion 10.7.2) to do some audio recording work, and noticed something odd with the Audio/Midi Setup utility program.

I set up my built-in audio output to use 24-bit, 96KHz. Everything thing works great; unless I have to reboot the machine. Upon every reboot, I notice that the value gets reset to 24-bit, 44.1KHz.

Is this a know bug or something? Is there another reason why this would happen?

I have Windows 7 installed on another drive. When I set up the audio device in Windows Control Panel, the settings remain preserved even after reboot; thus, I do not believe this is a hardware problem...

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Hi all,

I have been setting up my Mac Pro (5,1, Lion 10.7.2) to do some audio recording work, and noticed something odd with the Audio/Midi Setup utility program.

I set up my built-in audio output to use 24-bit, 96KHz. Everything thing works great; unless I have to reboot the machine. Upon every reboot, I notice that the value gets reset to 24-bit, 44.1KHz.

Is this a know bug or something? Is there another reason why this would happen?

I have Windows 7 installed on another drive. When I set up the audio device in Windows Control Panel, the settings remain preserved even after reboot; thus, I do not believe this is a hardware problem...

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What recording interface are you using? If your interface does not support 96/24, then that's why it's probably resetting.

100Years

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Well, Google shows me that others have had this problem with Lion too. Looks like I'll need to go back to Snow Leopard to get some files that apparantly Lion "broke".

100Years

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Sure enough, that did the trick -- a few audio pList files from SL to overwrite the Lion ones, and everything works perfect now.

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
sorry to revive an old thread but what files did you have to replace? any chance you can send them to me? i don't have a SL installation and i'm having the same problem. thanks:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.