Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:46 PM   #1
hasanahmad
macrumors 6502a

How do I extract photos out of my iPhone under albums

I can only access pictures when I connect my iphone and it shows up as a picture folder. I added some pictures on my iphone from another PC to which I dont have access anymore and they are stored under an album. I cant seem to extract photos out of my iphone as itunes says it will delete photos from my phone which are not on my PC.
hasanahmad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:25 PM   #2
verwon
macrumors 68030

Email them to yourself, then save them in your computer.
verwon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:18 PM   #3
ObuckiO
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanahmad View Post
I can only access pictures when I connect my iphone and it shows up as a picture folder. I added some pictures on my iphone from another PC to which I dont have access anymore and they are stored under an album. I cant seem to extract photos out of my iphone as itunes says it will delete photos from my phone which are not on my PC.
Take a look at this link HERE and see if this will help. The second part is for PC users.
Are they in your iphone: Camera Roll or Photo Library? Anyway, I think they link will get you going...i hope.
I don't get why you need help??? It seems by how your post is wrote (to me), that you plug in phone and instead of itunes, you get a little folder on desktop of PC (usually top right). Is that right? Then they're on your computer then. Now, why can't you delete photos on iphone, (as you say itunes says?) Sorry if i got it wrong..unless, the folder/album on PC has no pictures in it?/?

Last edited by ObuckiO; Jan 23, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
ObuckiO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:48 PM   #4
verwon
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObuckiO View Post
Take a look at this link HERE and see if this will help. The second part is for PC users.
Are they in your iphone: Camera Roll or Photo Library? Anyway, I think they link will get you going...i hope.
I don't get why you need help??? It seems by how your post is wrote (to me), that you plug in phone and instead of itunes, you get a little folder on desktop of PC (usually top right). Is that right? Then they're on your computer then. Now, why can't you delete photos on iphone, (as you say itunes says?) Sorry if i got it wrong..unless, the folder/album on PC has no pictures in it?/?
It doesn't work that way if the pics are ones you've only got in albums, the computer only detects and imports what's in the actual camera roll.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:09 PM   #5
ObuckiO
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by verwon View Post
It doesn't work that way if the pics are ones you've only got in albums, the computer only detects and imports what's in the actual camera roll.
Yeah i know that. That is why i asked about Roll or library. I don't get where the folder is popping up (on desktop)?? can only access when connect/and/not on my PC. i'll admit, i might be confused with it, but i know about your reply.
There was a person asked about this on getting pics off iphones library to Mac and it was difficult/unable to. ///
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:23 PM   #6
verwon
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Yeah i know that. That is why i asked about Roll or library. I don't get where the folder is popping up (on desktop)?? can only access when connect/and/not on my PC. i'll admit, i might be confused with it, but i know about your reply.
There was a person asked about this on getting pics off iphones library to Mac and it was difficult/unable to. ///
The OP said they're in an album and not in their computer.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:25 PM   #7
verwon
macrumors 68030

You can email the pics from your phone, download to computer and save in a new file for phone syncing. I've done it.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:42 PM   #8
ObuckiO
macrumors regular

Quote:
The OP said they're in an album and not in their computer.
Read his/her first sentence...When connected they can access.
It comes up a folder...Where?
I understand you can email them and all that, But this OP never said anything about a "Library" at all. Reread it if you want. It is a pain to do it from Library folders, but it could be different with PC programs.
And as far as i heard you can extract folders/Libraries/streams thru Dropbox.

OK...Let's calm down..I think i am wrong on getting the post in some part.
you can also screenshot your pics (that don't extract)>save> to camera roll. (maybe if someone has to)

Last edited by ObuckiO; Jan 23, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:20 PM   #9
verwon
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Read his/her first sentence...When connected they can access.
It comes up a folder...Where?
I understand you can email them and all that, But this OP never said anything about a "Library" at all. Reread it if you want. It is a pain to do it from Library folders, but it could be different with PC programs.
And as far as i heard you can extract folders/Libraries/streams thru Dropbox.

OK...Let's calm down..I think i am wrong on getting the post in some part.
you can also screenshot your pics (that don't extract)>save> to camera roll. (maybe if someone has to)
Bah! I'm now joining you in the confusion. If they show up like that, they can be imported easily.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:46 PM   #10
ObuckiO
macrumors regular

Quote:
Bah! I'm now joining you in the confusion. If they show up like that, they can be imported easily.
Ok..I tried and don't know if the OP will ever check on it. Cool.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:19 AM   #11
verwon
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Ok..I tried and don't know if the OP will ever check on it. Cool.
LOL! Not much anyone can do, if they don't come back!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:34 AM   #12
iSwag
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to iSwag Send a message via MSN to iSwag Send a message via Skype™ to iSwag
Talking

if you have wifi you could email them to your self . If you don't there's a application i know that could transfer files and other stuff to your computer, i cant remember the app name or if you have to have jailbroken iphone or not, i'll check it out when my iphone's screen fixed (will take about another day )
...when it come i'll pm you
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:45 AM   #13
durant0s
macrumors regular

Did anyone ever answer his question through PM? I'm having this exact same problem. My pictures are stuck in an album on my iPhone from before I formatted my iMac. Now I can extract them. It's over a 1000 pictures so I really could use something other then the email method. Thanks for any help.
durant0s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:16 AM   #14
braven
macrumors newbie

I'm on iPhone 4S, ios 5.0.1, windows 8 and here's how I do it:

1. Download iDevice Manager from here: http://idevice-manager.en.softonic.com/
2. Install and open Device Storage tab
3. Click on File Explorer tab
4. Browse through User>Media>Photo Data>Sync>100SYNCD
5. Voillaa!!! There's all your old iPhone photos reside....just block them all, right click and click download
6. Put anywhere in your PC
7. Done!!!

Hope this help

Last edited by braven; Nov 11, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
braven is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:30 AM   #15
johannar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by braven View Post
I'm on iPhone 4S, ios 5.0.1, windows 8 and here's how I do it:

1. Download iDevice Manager from here: http://idevice-manager.en.softonic.com/
2. Install and open Device Storage tab
3. Click on File Explorer tab
4. Browse through User>Media>Photo Data>Sync>100SYNCD
5. Voillaa!!! There's all your old iPhone photos reside....just block them all, right click and click download
6. Put anywhere in your PC
7. Done!!!

Hope this help
No needed, mail it to yourself and simply download
johannar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting