Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:25 PM   #1
TuiSong
macrumors regular

rugged case + car mount?

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone here might be able to point me towards what I am looking for.

My OH uses the iPad for work, he's driving around a lot and in and out of his truck. He sometimes has to carry the iPad about to check on things, and if he leaves the truck he won't leave it in there for security reasons. He's often on construction sites, so protection is a must. At the moment we're using an otter box case, but we want a cradle for use in the truck. He does a lot of very slow driving while checking up on the water main hydrants and valves etc and needs one eye on a gps app

Is there a make of rugged case that has a cradle option, so the pad can be clicked in and out easily. Or a mounting kit that will handle a thick rugged case? All the ones I could find seemed to be for naked iPads which is of no use to us
TuiSong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Themoo007
macrumors newbie

Did you find a solution?

Been looking everywhere did you manage to find a solution
Themoo007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:10 PM   #3
cbronfman
macrumors Demi-God

Been looking at this one for the mini

I can't suggest a case for you, but I've been looking for something similar for my iPad mini. Perhaps the manufacturer makes one for the full-sized iPad too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

or

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Surface-...ef=pd_sim_pc_2

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories