Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Just wanted to share this link.. not sure if anyone have seen this or try this yet?..

see below the detail i pulled from the internet..

http://www.iphonejailbreak.me/tweak-systems-power-profile-to-increase-battery-life-in-ios-5-x/

If you’re a heavy iPhone user like me, your battery probably won’t last more than a day. Check out this jailbreak tweak that might help squeeze out more juice from your battery.

Just like a computer’s operating system, iOS also comes with power management that adjusts how much your device uses power. By editing the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist file, you may be able to increase your battery life.

I left my iPhone overnight at 85% battery power with WiFi, 3G and GPS turned on. By 8am the next day, it only consumed 2% of power. Not too bad, huh?

Let’s cut to the chase, here’s how to do it:

1. Download DiskAid or i-FunBox.

2. Download one of these power profiles:

see attachments

Ultra power saving profile ultra_power_saving_mode.zip
Medium power saving profile medium_power_saving_mode.zip
Default power profile default_power_profile.zip

3. Launch DiskAid or i-FunBox and browse to the following folder location:

/System/Library/CoreServices/powerd.bundle/

4. Replace or overwrite the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist with the one you just downloaded in step 2.

5. Reboot your device and you’re done!

If you like to revert to default power profile, simply use the default power profile plist file.

I haven’t tried this on iOS 4.x yet but if you would like to try (at your own risk), the .pfile file is located at the following folder:

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

Good luck and share with everyone if this helps!

Attachments

• default_power_profile.zip
    977 bytes · Views: 1,011
  • medium_power_saving_mode.zip
    988 bytes · Views: 857
  • ultra_power_saving_mode.zip
    978 bytes · Views: 1,785
Last edited:

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
thank you for this new info, though there is already a thread on this.

jbarresi19

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2010
Thats interesting, anyone trying it...I wonder if thats how the other ios5 battery fix works

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
just noted that it was posted 11/17. i don't think it works if its 2 months old and there was no circulation on the internet. i haven't tried though.

serveradmnstrtr

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Thats interesting, anyone trying it...I wonder if thats how the other ios5 battery fix works

I'm downloading it now and will let you guys know. I'm going to be using the "ultra_power_savings_mode.zip" one.

Just a heads up - The download link was in a continuous loop if I used Google Crhome - had to use IE for the download to work correctly.

I'm surprised that this was uploaded over 2 months ago and it's just coming to light now.

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
I'm downloading it now and will let you guys know. I'm going to be using the "ultra_power_savings_mode.zip" one.

Just a heads up - The download link was in a continuous loop if I used Google Crhome - had to use IE for the download to work correctly.

I'm surprised that this was uploaded over 2 months ago and it's just coming to light now.

I had this link in Nov but I was away not had a chance to share this.. butim sure other have seen this.

I have look at the files ... back now so might worth look in to this in more detail and shortly share the outcome .. and there are 3 zip files...

----------

I doubt that it works as if it did surely we would have heard about it.

correct but we had not heard either work or not. so may be no news is good news lol

serveradmnstrtr

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
I've compared the files - because it would honestly be stupid to not look at it before changing it blindly.... These are the differences that I see over and over again.

AC Power:

Disk Sleep Timer
Original: 10
Modified: 7

Display Sleep Timer
Original: 5
Modified: 4

GPUSwitch
Original: 1
Modified: 3

Reduce Processor Speed
Original: 0
Modified: 1

Reduce Brightness
Modified 1

----------------------------

Battery Power:

Disk Sleep Timer
Original: 10
Modified: 7

Dynamic Power Step
Original:0

GPUSwitch
Original: 1
Modified: 3

Reduce Processor Speed

System Sleep Timer
Original: 5
Modified: 4

I won't go through the rest of the profiles because they are all duplicates of the above.

Looks like the "ultra_power_saving_mode" basically steps down the Processor, steps down the GPU and reduces some brightness and sleep settings.

I just ran down my battery to 0% and I'll be swapping the files - Charging back to 100% and seeing how long it takes to run down again.

Update to follow :)

EDIT: To add some more info; I'm a 4s on 5.0.1 user where I leave the phone overnight not being charged, I lose anywhere from 10-15%. I lose about 3-4% per hour when I don't turn the screen on, no text messages, location services disabled, no email push and all other "tweaks" set like diagnostic report / time settings and whatnot.... Let's hope this helps.

Last edited:

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
My fingers are crossed :)

Just refresh Cydia and xsellize repo

Battery Fix iOS% is also released the one from @IHamzaDev

well not going to instal that patch untill we know what the hell its doing

----------

I've compared the files - because it would honestly be stupid to not look at it before changing it blindly.... These are the differences that I see over and over again.

.... Let's hope this helps.

Thanks for the update!

serveradmnstrtr

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Saw the BatteryFix on XSellize but I wouldn't install something without know what it does first.

I'll be waiting until others confirm it to be working - InsanelyI had stated they encrypted the files to prevent ripping.

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Saw the BatteryFix on XSellize but I wouldn't install something without know what it does first.

I'll be waiting until others confirm it to be working - InsanelyI had stated they encrypted the files to prevent ripping.

any progress on the ultra battery profile ? did you manage to see any changes?

serveradmnstrtr

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
any progress on the ultra battery profile ? did you manage to see any changes?

My 4s is currently off and charging. I'll turn it back in an hour or so to see if it's at 100% and I can update after that.

I'm really looking to see if it fixes the 3-4% discharge over the course of an hour when not even using it, moreso than when using it.

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
My 4s is currently off and charging. I'll turn it back in an hour or so to see if it's at 100% and I can update after that.

I'm really looking to see if it fixes the 3-4% discharge over the course of an hour when not even using it, moreso than when using it.

good luck man! awaiting feedback. thank you!

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Interested in trying this out...

Could one of you upload the profiles somewhere other than the bs site that will not allow me to download more than one of them? :p

TIA!

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Could one of you upload the profiles somewhere other than the bs site that will not allow me to download more than one of them? :p

TIA!

Just uploaded the attachments see the original thread with the attachment.

serveradmnstrtr

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Just got done charging to 100% battery and took it off the charger.

Since I'm testing purely for standby time, I won't be using it and hoping not to lose 3-4%/hour just sitting there looking pretty.

I'll update tonight after not charging to see where it's at.

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Just got done charging to 100% battery and took it off the charger.

Since I'm testing purely for standby time, I won't be using it and hoping not to lose 3-4%/hour just sitting there looking pretty.

I'll update tonight after not charging to see where it's at.

update profile and just charged 4s to 100% . time to monitor also hoping not to lose 3-4%/hour.....

brb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.