Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:28 PM   #1
TRT
macrumors newbie

Downloading Dropbox files to the iPad

I've got lots of PDF files that I need to share with iPad & iPhone employees out in the field who are not tech savvy. They need to be able to download the PDF files to their iPads & iPhones and then email them out as attachments.

I can't figure out a way to do this properly using the Dropbox app for iPad and iPhone. The closest it lets us get to this is the ability to send out links in the email to the PDF files.

Is it possible to do what I'm asking using the Dropbox app? And if not, are there alternative Dropbox clients that will let me download and then attach files? My old Nokia phone from 2009 has an app that lets me do this...surely the iPad and iPhone are capable.
TRT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Eddy Munn
macrumors 6502

Do you want to send the PDF as an attachment?
You could try opening the PDF in iBooks via the Dropbox app and then email the file, slight inconvenience I know but at least it works.

2013 13" MacBook Air + iPad Mini with Retina Display + iPhone 5.
Eddy Munn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Weaselboy

GoodReader combined with Dropbox will do exactly what you want. Just give the GoodReader app access to your Dropbox folder where the PDFs are stored and it can download them to read in GoodReader and then if you like, email the PDF as an attachment.
Weaselboy is online now   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:41 PM   #4
LostLogik
macrumors 6502a

PDF Expert linked with your Dropbox account is a way to do it too (and the way I do it). Works very well.
LostLogik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:10 PM   #5
TRT
macrumors newbie

Thank you all very much for the feedback, I'll check them out. Now for getting my company to pony up the extra $$$ to get these apps onto everyone's devices...oy vey
TRT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:24 PM   #6
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Goodreader is the Swiss Army Knife of iPad apps. The best investment you will ever make.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps