Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scshisler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Mac OSx powerbook
I recently purchased disk warrior software to see if I could save my backup drive. I haven't had any luck getting DW to find or read or whatever it's supposed to do. I've used it both as the start up disk, and have downloaded it and used from my utilities folder. Not sure if my drive is just dead or what. It's strange because sometimes when I plug the drive in, my computer will say that the inserted disk is unreadable. When I hit 'ignore', the drive will appear in the 'more about this computer' in the system folder, as well as show up in Disk Utility. In each case, though, there is no directory that shows up underneath it.

I've taken a screen shot with both those windows showing and am wondering if anyone can tell me which way to go with it at this point. Am I close to getting it myself? Should i give up and take it in for service? Anyone even know if it appears to be salvageable?

Attachments

• Unreadable backup drive.jpg
    Unreadable backup drive.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.