Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

centipede

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
I'm ready to scream, honestly! :mad:
This is absolutely infuriating.

I routinely went to my software update when prompted and it has been "updating" for over EIGHT hours, at a speed of about .1MB PER HALF HOUR.

What broke the camel's back on this was that for *some* reason when it was nearly done at only a few MBs left of a SIMPLE LESS-THAN-2-GB UPDATE it stopped.
And restarted.
From the beginning.
And while the "time remaining" text isn't something to rely on, I can't help but only get more infuriated when it says it'll take about another 236 hours to complete the download.

I'm ready to throw my #@$ing Macbook OSX Leopard 10.6.8 2.6GHZ laptop out a goddamn window.

Meanwhile, another family member who was sitting across the room was able to completely their update in five minutes.

Extra info: permissions have been repaired, gone through desk utilities, that whole longwinded shebang.

ETA: I don't know if it'll help either, but I guess it should also be noted that the entire laptop got a full overhaul in October of this year, including a replaced batter, magsafe, logic board, all of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.