Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JRWill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
After seeing my friend using the zum ipad 2 cases for iPad 2, so I tried to order one for myself. Too bad, I don’t have an amazon account, so I have my girlfriend to order for me.

Guess what.. she ordered a zum case…. But for iPhone 4S!!!

I tried to return it right away..but why not just tried it… The case claimed to be the THINNEST TPU case with flaps… interesting….:confused:

Most TPU case are very thick and bulky… so TPU cases were not my favorite…

But this case is so thin… and it just likes nothing when I put on my white 4S. Also one thing I like the most is the build-in flaps for the phone jack and the charge ports.

Some of cases have plugs for the phone jack and/or charge ports, but they wont last for 2 days. Easily get lost!! Gelee has built-in flaps and I think this is a brilliant design!!

Now I should thank my girlfriend for ordering the wrong stuff for me. I really like this case… hope you like it too :D

Attachments

• back.png
    back.png
    613.2 KB · Views: 307
  • vol button.png
    vol button.png
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 331
  • Phone jack.png
    Phone jack.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 311
  • USB port.png
    USB port.png
    971.7 KB · Views: 288

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Wow, looks good. I want one like that, but crystal clear! 20$ on amazon seems a little bit expensive tho. Anyone knows any similar cases for less than 10$?

Last edited:

MsBeauty

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Wow thats what I have been waiting for long time.. I no longer need to vacuum dust from my iphone... will get the pink one

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
Wow, looks good. I want one like that, but crystal clear! 20$ on amazon seems a little bit expensive tho. Anyone knows any similar cases for less than 10$?

I have learned with iPhone cases you really do get what you pay for most of the time. $20 is a pretty normal price for this if it is of high quality.

----------

Where was this case ordered from? I can't seem to find a website for the manufactuer and can only find clear and pink on amazon.

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Did you try to take any photos with the flash on? I wonder if it would interfere. Also, it is slippery? I'm hesitating between this case or the SGP Linear EX Color series.

JRWill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The case is so thin and it does not block any flash or cause any interference. The grip is excellent.

The best thing I like is it does not cover any of the brilliant original iPhone design.

Also forgot to said two excellent quality screen protectors are included in the colorful packaging!!

wymi

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2012
Are the buttons easy to press? Does it have any l.o.t. protection?

Thanks

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks for the review. I just pulled the trigger on the CLEAR one from Amazon.

I hate colored bumpers and metallic cases that hide the elegant look and design of the iPhone 4/4S. The 'Zum Gelee' is perfect in that it retains the look of the iPhone + protects it from dirt/dust/scratches.

Will post pictures when it arrives.

JRWill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The buttons are perfectly aligned with the 4s button positions. Easy to operate.

I would say I won't expect much from this ultra thin case, but of course it will be better than the PC case. TPU absorbs shocks way better than other material at this thickness.

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
This case seems very interesting. I think the clear one would look amazing on the white iPhone. Waiting for more pictures and reviews before I buy it.

RoyWill

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Just got mine today... awesome... thats exactly what I want.. slim and functional!!! will post more pictures tomorrow!!!

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
After seeing my friend using the zum ipad 2 cases for iPad 2, so I tried to order one for myself. Too bad, I don’t have an amazon account, so I have my girlfriend to order for me.

Guess what.. she ordered a zum case…. But for iPhone 4S!!!

I tried to return it right away..but why not just tried it… The case claimed to be the THINNEST TPU case with flaps… interesting….:confused:

Most TPU case are very thick and bulky… so TPU cases were not my favorite…

But this case is so thin… and it just likes nothing when I put on my white 4S. Also one thing I like the most is the build-in flaps for the phone jack and the charge ports.

Some of cases have plugs for the phone jack and/or charge ports, but they wont last for 2 days. Easily get lost!! Gelee has built-in flaps and I think this is a brilliant design!!

Now I should thank my girlfriend for ordering the wrong stuff for me. I really like this case… hope you like it too :D

You sure zum gelee is the name of the case? A google search turns up nothing for me... I want to get one as well.

edit: nvm found it in amazon.com does it go by any other name? I am in canada and I doubt they have it on the .ca site. (which isn't working right now so I can't find it.)

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
You sure zum gelee is the name of the case? A google search turns up nothing for me... I want to get one as well.

me too! I tried googling and all I found was a link to this thread, and a flickr photo album of what looks like some kind of jam and elderflower jelly. I wanted to see what colours they had or if they ship to NZ

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
As a whole I really love this case. Just be aware that the flaps aren't the best and if you charge often or use headphones a lot they will eventually break off.

JRWill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
As a whole I really love this case. Just be aware that the flaps aren't the best and if you charge often or use headphones a lot they will eventually break off.

I dont think the flaps will break off. The material is very tough and flexible. I can tell the flaps are carefully designed and engineered. Its dont think it is an issue.

RoyWill

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Boston, MA
CANT wait to post new pictures for the Gelee cases... I bought two.. one for me and one for my husband... that exactly what I want...

will post more comment later

Attachments

• Gelee packaging 1.jpg
    Gelee packaging 1.jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 192
  • gelee 11.jpg
    gelee 11.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • gelee 21.jpg
    gelee 21.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 180

RoyWill

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Looks great. I wonder if the clear is trully clear or frosted like most TPU Cases.

Please see my pictures.. I can only say its very clear even though its NOT completely clear. the picture is the best way to show :D

----------

Do you think if the case is good enough for drops?

Well all depends.. .I dont want to have a drop test on my phone.

The case is very thin. I have an incipio feather... and it may even thinner than the feather

However feather is hard plastic and Gelee is soft TPU... I think it absorbs shock better than hard plastic...

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Please see my pictures.. I can only say its very clear even though its NOT completely clear. the picture is the best way to show :D

Thanks.

I was asking since the Vulcan seems similar to this one in pics but actually textured on the inside which makes the clear look kind of gray in a black iphone.

Thanks for your pics. Looks like a very interesting case, I might get a clear or smoke one for my black iPhone. I have been looking for a case like this for a long time. Seems to be as slim as a bumper but with back protection.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Can you take a pic of the front of the phone above the front camera? Most TPU cases have a bulge here. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.