Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:12 PM   #1
bobbidigital
macrumors newbie

washing machine

My 5g ipod nano recently went through the washer and i let it sit for about 2 weeks. when i plugged it into the charger it did the apple start-up screen (as it it had been reset) and then showed the main menu once i pressed the center button. it went back to the applescreen not even 3 seconds after that and has been stuck ever since. i cant shut it off and have to wait for the battery to completely drain if i want to do so. ive tried plugging it in to the charger many times with the same result and am currently waiting for it to fully charge in the hope that it will work then. Any suggestions on alternative actions to take?

note: I have tried syncing it as well but itunes doesnt even show an ipod as being attached

and refrain from the hindsightedness of such replies as "the washer broke it" or "shouldn't of put it in the washer". since it has power, im assuming it can be corrected

Last edited by bobbidigital; Jan 30, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
bobbidigital is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:18 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'd say that it's time to buy a new iPod. Going through the washer, and with detergent, ruied it.

I doubt there is anything that you can do to bring it back.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:22 PM   #3
bobbidigital
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'd say that it's time to buy a new iPod. Going through the washer, and with detergent, ruied it.

I doubt there is anything that you can do to bring it back.
im afraid your correct
bobbidigital is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod