Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northernsky21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Hi,

As of yesterday my Notes app on my iPad (Original) will not open. It keeps opening and then crashing immediately.

I can still see all the contents of my Notes from the Ipad search screen, but I can't go into it.

All my notes for school are stored on it.

I've rebooted and restarted the App, both by closing it by double-tapping the home button and closing it, and also from turning off and turning on my iPad

Question:
a) How can I get it to stop crashing?
b) Is it possible that I can access my notes from the Cloud? I'm not sure if I had set it up to do that...

Much appreciated!
- David

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
Try closing all apps via double tap. Then perform a Reset of the iPad. Hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake button at the same time for 10 sec, ignore the slide to power off, the iPad will then Reset. All you content will still be present after the reset.

Also I would recommend using something like Evernote for any note taking, you can access you notes on an iPad/Mac/Windows as the notes are synced online.

northernsky21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Done. Closed all apps with double tap, performed a hard reset of the Ipad, ignoring the slide to power off.

Notes still won't open.

Thanks for that suggestion though!

I used Evernote last year and gave up using it because I had far too many issues with it too. (Synching problems)

Any other suggestions?

northernsky21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Fixed it!

Synched my laptop with my mac, and during the process the Notes started opening properly.

Hopefully this may help someone else!
-David

drh1111

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
notes app keeps crashing

I tried the above but it still did not open the app. Then I changed my settings and saved it to icloud and then it came back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.