Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
This happened recently, my iPhone 4's home button won't respond sometimes no matter how many times I press it, nothing happens. Sometimes it works fine, other times not. I bought my Verizon iPhone 4 back when it was released Feb 2011. Sometimes I feel that the home button is a little bit loose, but I know if I take it to Apple, I need to show them the problem and since this seems to be at completely random times, I'm not sure what to do.

Any advice?

Jasonx82

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
This happened recently, my iPhone 4's home button won't respond sometimes no matter how many times I press it, nothing happens. Sometimes it works fine, other times not. I bought my Verizon iPhone 4 back when it was released Feb 2011. Sometimes I feel that the home button is a little bit loose, but I know if I take it to Apple, I need to show them the problem and since this seems to be at completely random times, I'm not sure what to do.

Any advice?

This is a known issue misclicks on home button (wear and tear)
If your out of warranty it will be $129 to replace the phone

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
damn that sucks, idk it still works, just I got this problem not too long ago.

guess I'll have to figure out other ways to go around the iphone w/o using the home button too much

thanks though

davidgrimm

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2006
North Texas

Any advice?

Make an appointment and take it in. On prior models, they could clean under the button, for free, while you wait. Maybe they can on the 4 as well. Mine does this too, its just I'm too lazy to take it in.

----------

Take it in. The genius has flexibility. May get a free replacement. Worth a shot. I know I have had free repairs on out of warranty products before

Me too, or I should say my daughter has gotten this done free. They repaired her MacBook and replaced her phone for free. Be nice to them and maybe they'll make you a deal. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.