Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammy.d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Hi,
I am using the weather widget in lockinfo on ios 5, with the Australian BOM Weather+ enhancement. I have three questions...

1. How often is the weather updated on my lockscreen?

2. Can the update intervals be changed?

3. Can I get something to display, in the widget, the time of the last update?

Cheers.

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Hi,
I am using the weather widget in lockinfo on ios 5, with the Australian BOM Weather+ enhancement. I have three questions...

1. How often is the weather updated on my lockscreen?

2. Can the update intervals be changed?

3. Can I get something to display, in the widget, the time of the last update?

Cheers.

I'm not really sure of the answer to any of those questions. However, if you use the weather plugin for lockinfo you can customize everything you're asking for. I've attached some pictures of my setup so you can see the plugin collapsed and expanded - it shows temperature/conditions when collapsed and a forecast with update time when expanded. You can change the update interval to however long you want.

Edit: you can also just use the LockWeather plugin for lockinfo which integrates the weather directly into the lockscreen clock and shows everything you want and can be adjusted for whatever interval you want. I don't use it so I can't post a picture of it.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    305.7 KB · Views: 124
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    352.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I'm not really sure of the answer to any of those questions. However, if you use the weather plugin for lockinfo you can customize everything you're asking for. I've attached some pictures of my setup so you can see the plugin collapsed and expanded - it shows temperature/conditions when collapsed and a forecast with update time when expanded. You can change the update interval to however long you want.

Edit: you can also just use the LockWeather plugin for lockinfo which integrates the weather directly into the lockscreen clock and shows everything you want and can be adjusted for whatever interval you want. I don't use it so I can't post a picture of it.

Can you help me with the Weather plugin?

I'm having a hard time trying to set it up like you have it. I have the weather widget enabled in LI but instead of the LI's Weather plugin showing, I'm getting iOS yahoo weather. So I disabled Yahoo weather but still no luck.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328125248.746629.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328125248.746629.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
On mine I was able to go into the widget using iFile and changing it around to display my local time and whether or not I want it to be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit (picture below shows teh C befire I changed it). I am sure what you are asking can be done, I wouldn't be the one to tell you though lol

Attachments

• image3.png
    image3.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 100

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Can you help me with the Weather plugin?

I'm having a hard time trying to set it up like you have it. I have the weather widget enabled in LI but instead of the LI's Weather plugin showing, I'm getting iOS yahoo weather. So I disabled Yahoo weather but still no luck.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Under Settings>Lockinfo>Homescreen>plugin visibility do you have "weather widget" OFF and "weather" on?

"Weather widget" is the stock iOS one, "weather" is the lockinfo one.

Like this:

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    122.6 KB · Views: 62

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Under Settings>Lockinfo>Homescreen>plugin visibility do you have "weather widget" OFF and "weather" on?

"Weather widget" is the stock iOS one, "weather" is the lockinfo one.

Like this:

Is that a plugin I need to download?

I just reinstalled LockInfo and I don't see the "Weather" plugin, I only see stock iOS Weather Widget.

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Is that a plugin I need to download?

I just reinstalled LockInfo and I don't see the "Weather" plugin, I only see stock iOS Weather Widget.

Yep. In Cydia, go to the Sections area (the button at the bottom of the home page, next to Changes). Scroll down to "Addons (Lockinfo)" and download "Weather Plugin for Lockinfo".

sammy.d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
if you use the weather plugin for lockinfo you can customize everything you're asking for.

Ive got the weather widget... And I've downloaded the Lock Weather plugin... Is the weather plugin any different to these?

you can also just use the LockWeather plugin for lockinfo which integrates the weather directly into the lockscreen clock and shows everything you want and can be adjusted for whatever interval you want.

I just downloaded this and it seems to be doing exactly what I want. Just a quick question though, does anyone know if this Lock Weather plugin is going to get its data from the BOM through my Australian BOM Weather+ tweak or is it going to resort back to getting its data from Yahoo! (which is **** in Australia...)??

Last edited:

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Yep. In Cydia, go to the Sections area (the button at the bottom of the home page, next to Changes). Scroll down to "Addons (Lockinfo)" and download "Weather Plugin for Lockinfo".

So I downloaded the Weather Plugin but it's reading '(null)'.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328144998.202186.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328144998.202186.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I got it to work!

Go into native Weather app and turn off Local weather. Then delete all the cities you have listed and re-add them.

That worked for me in case anyone was wondering.

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Ive got the weather widget... And I've downloaded the Lock Weather plugin... Is the weather plugin any different to these?

I just downloaded this and it seems to be doing exactly what I want. Just a quick question though, does anyone know if this Lock Weather plugin is going to get its data from the BOM through my Australian BOM Weather+ tweak or is it going to resort back to getting its data from Yahoo! (which is **** in Australia...)??

I believe it'll just use Yahoo. It pulls the info form the stock weather app.

sammy.d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I believe it'll just use Yahoo. It pulls the info form the stock weather app.

Well I think my stock app is supposed to pull data from BOM because of this tweak I have. If thats the case, I should get the BOM data...???

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Well I think my stock app is supposed to pull data from BOM because of this tweak I have. If thats the case, I should get the BOM data...???

Hm, yeah that sounds about right then. I have no idea what BOM is/does but if it affects how your stock app works, then it should also affect how the plugin works. Makes sense to me at least, haha.

sammy.d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Hm, yeah that sounds about right then. I have no idea what BOM is/does but if it affects how your stock app works, then it should also affect how the plugin works. Makes sense to me at least, haha.

BOM is the australian bureau of meteorology. the data yahoo provided for australian weather is always incorrect so this tweak lets is get it from the governments official bom readings.

thanks guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.