Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x30n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Hi,

Just got a used Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire mixer to which I looked forward for quite a while now. Unfortunately my initial experience isn't all that great. I've connected the mixer to my Macbook Pro (4,1), yet the device could not be recognized.

The latest Alesis drivers (3.5.6) are installed. The Mac runs Mac OS 10.7.2.

Neither the Alesis software, nor the OS seems to notice the device.

I never had a mixer before, so I assume I did something wrong. Any advice?

cu
Roman

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Hi,

Just got a used Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire mixer to which I looked forward for quite a while now. Unfortunately my initial experience isn't all that great. I've connected the mixer to my Macbook Pro (4,1), yet the device could not be recognized.

cu
Roman

Might be a stupid question, but did you change input/output settings in System Preferences/Sound?

x30n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
@bwhli: There aren't any further options even when the mixer is connected so, no I didn't. First thing I tried however. All it offers me is the internal microphone and the Line in.

x30n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Problem solved: The alexis driver page holds another mac driver package which does not support Mac OS Lion yet contains a firmware upgrade which is needed for the lion driver :D

Of course the driver packages don't really tell you that.

My firmware was at version 1.4, yet I needed 2.0. Now it works.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Problem solved: The alexis driver page holds another mac driver package which does not support Mac OS Lion yet contains a firmware upgrade which is needed for the lion driver :D

Of course the driver packages don't really tell you that.

My firmware was at version 1.4, yet I needed 2.0. Now it works.

Awesome! Glad you figured it out. I suspected it was a driver issue.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
Hi,

cu
Roman

I have the same issue.. How do I get this working? I am on an IMAC with only firewire 800 and I am using one of those 400 to 800 cables.. HELP!

paulg17

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2022
I have the same issue.. How do I get this working? I am on an IMAC with only firewire 800 and I am using one of those 400 to 800 cables.. HELP!
yes me too. did you ever solve this? Im on a macbookpro with only 4 USB C slots using coverters to make a FW800 port

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.