Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marchellow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Hi All,

I am trying to compile the IMDB search programs with the corresponding databases, but somehow I am unable to do so. Here are the infos, here is the direct link to the files (Warning: it links to an FTP host!)

I follow the instructions from /moviedb-3.24/docs/INSTRUCTIONS file and from the Makefile.

I can compile the search programs, the real problem is with the databases. They are downloading just fine, lots of .list files (I have checked them they seem to be space separated values and they are quite big, almost 4 GB), then the program tries to convert them to .data files.

During this I got three types of errors:

Error 1

Code:
/usr/local/moviedb-3.24/etc/mkdb  -movie
Adding Movies List...
make[3]: *** [movies.data] Bus error

Error 2

Code:
/usr/local/moviedb-3.24/etc/mkdb  -acr
Adding Actors...
mkdb: too many titles -- increase MAXTITLES
make[3]: *** [actors.data] Error 255

Error 3

Code:
/usr/local/moviedb-3.24/etc/mkdb  -acs
Adding Actresses...
make[3]: *** [actresses.data] Segmentation fault
make[3]: *** Deleting file `actresses.data'

Based on some web search, the last two errors can be traced back to the stack size. I found out that the default stack size in 10.6.8 is 8MB and I could increase it up to 64MB, but no more.

So, my question is: Could this be the problem and if so, can I increase the stack size?

I think it is, because, there are some databases that convert fine, like the cinematographers:

Code:
/usr/local/moviedb-3.24/etc/mkdb  -cine
Adding Cinematographers...
 ...745525 read

Anybody could give me some help how to do it? I'm not experienced in compiling, but I think it's possible to solve this issue.

Thanks

Regards,
marchellow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.