Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Feb 5, 2012, 08:06 AM   #1
Artmuzz
macrumors 6502

Apple Test Advertisement when opening an App

I recently downloaded a free app from the App Store on my iPad 2. When I went to open the app, I am presented with grey screen that has the words "Test Advertisement" with the white Apple logo underneath. I then press on the iAd at the corner of the screen which takes me to a black screen that has the words "iPad Test Advertisement. This Confirms That Test Ads Are Running Correctly" I then press the "x" at the top left of the screen that finally opens my App that I've downloaded. I have noticed that this only happens when I have Wi-Fi switched on. When I switch Wi-Fi off, the iPad Test Advertisement doesn't happen my my App opens like normal.

Can anyone tell me what is going on there? Because I have never had that before.

Please advice

Last edited by Artmuzz; Feb 5, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Artmuzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:58 PM   #2
perpenso
macrumors newbie

I use iAds in one of my apps. It sounds like an iAd is being displayed. Normally iAds only take a portion of the screen, a banner. It sounds like you are saying it takes the entire screen. I suppose the developer could be displaying the banner in a view that covers the entire screen. If so its a strange design choice.

The text you are describing represents the iAds shown during development. This is beyond the control of the developer, we tell Apple we can display an ad and Apple supplies whatever Apple chooses. For an app that did not come from the App Store the described ads are shown. It is entirely up to Apple to deliver the development ad or real ads.

If the app files have been corrupted perhaps Apple is not recognizing the app as having come from the App Store. However if so I would have expected iOS to not let the app run. Maybe the checks are different. You could try to delete the app and downloading it again.

Of maybe the developer submitted an incorrectly built app, the ad hoc version (for beta testers not the app store) of the app, etc and Apple somehow let it slip through. Check the developer's site or keep an eye out for an update that fixes this.
perpenso is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps