Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
I just got my iPad2 screen protector and before I put it on I need to clean the screen of all the smudges, fingerprint and other residue that might be there.

As I understand it everyone says that I should use a lint-free cloth to wipe the screen, my question is if this will remove the smudges and everything opposed to just smearing it out on the screen?? Is there perhaps a better more thorough way of doing it?

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
I use a microfiber cloth to clean my iPad screen, all the smudge marks are gone once I wipe it down.

Microfiber cloth. No substance.

I do sometimes use this substance called Klear Screen.

Doesn't this only smear the smudge out all over the screen rather than clean them off? When I did this before, my screen got a "clean" look(e.g. no fingerprints nor visible smudge) but it was still a lot of body fat and residue left on the screen so it didn't really remove it from the screen.

I really do feel safer if I would be using some sort of cleaning-substance. I'm just scared of damaging the screen. Do you know more substances like the Klear Screen? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.