Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 5, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
applefan289
macrumors 68000

How do I transfer pics from this phone to my iMac?

How would I go about transferring photos I took with the AT&T Z331 phone to my iMac? The phone did not come with a USB cable, but has Bluetooth functionality. Can the Bluetooth be used to transfer the photos?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 07:09 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Switch on the Bluetooth on that mobile, switch on Bluetooth on the Mac, pair the devices and then use the Bluetooth icon in the Menu Bar to Browse the Device or select a pic on the phone and try to find an option to send it via Bluetooth.
Do you still have the manual to that phone or have PDF version of it (found online), which explains it further?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 07:14 PM   #3
applefan289
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Switch on the Bluetooth on that mobile, switch on Bluetooth on the Mac, pair the devices and then use the Bluetooth icon in the Menu Bar to Browse the Device or select a pic on the phone and try to find an option to send it via Bluetooth.
Do you still have the manual to that phone or have PDF version of it (found online), which explains it further?
It says the Bluetooth allows you to "transfer files" between Bluetooth devices or to a laptop, but it doesn't really mention any other details.

Also, can I wirelessly transfer photos from my iPhone to iMac using the process you just mentioned? I read on Google that you can't transfer photos from iPhone to iMac through Bluetooth.

Also, should I leave the Bluetooth on my iMac "Discoverable", or should I uncheck it?

Last edited by applefan289; Feb 5, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
applefan289 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 07:25 PM   #4
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefan289 View Post
It says the Bluetooth allows you to "transfer files" between Bluetooth devices or to a laptop, but it doesn't really mention any other details.
Trial and error it is then.

Quote:
Also, can I wirelessly transfer photos from my iPhone to iMac using the process you just mentioned? I read on Google that you can't transfer photos from iPhone to iMac through Bluetooth.
Maybe this can help, though it isn't using Bluetooth.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help