Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:10 AM   #1
deason
macrumors newbie

Switching to Windows with Bootcamp and not rebooting

I've tried to find this everywhere. I suppose I'm not defining the question enough for Google to be of use to me.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to switch from OS X to Windows 7 without actually rebooting my Mac. I know I can do the opposite switch (from Windows to OS X) sure there is a way to do the opposite that I am missing.
deason is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:12 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

You mean like this?

Just so you know, when you are booted into Windows natively (Mac OS X is NOT running), and you use the Boot Camp Control Panel to start into Mac OS X, your computer shuts down and restarts or reboots.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:18 AM   #3
deason
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
You mean like this?
Something like that is exactly what I was looking for. Is this the only/best option?

I knew that the Mac was rebooting going from Windows -> OS X, but I liked being able to switch quickly via the toolbar.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:23 AM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by deason View Post
Something like that is exactly what I was looking for. Is this the only/best option?
It seems that way, it is only taking two clicks, just like in Windows.
There is also a script out there, which can be placed in the Dock and that would be one click.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:24 AM   #5
deason
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
It seems that way, it is only taking two clicks, just like in Windows.
There is also a script out there, which can be placed in the Dock and that would be one click.
Great! Thanks for the quick help.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 08:26 PM   #6
saraishboys
macrumors newbie

How to switch from windows to OS X?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deason View Post
I've tried to find this everywhere. I suppose I'm not defining the question enough for Google to be of use to me.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to switch from OS X to Windows 7 without actually rebooting my Mac. I know I can do the opposite switch (from Windows to OS X) sure there is a way to do the opposite that I am missing.
How to switch from windows to OS X?
saraishboys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2013, 08:43 PM   #7
DeltaMac
macrumors 68000

This thread was for the other direction (OS X to Windows)
The linked app (Bootchamp) allows you to choose from the menubar to boot from OS X into Windows with a simple restart, without going through the Mac's Option-boot screen first. You don't need to do anything to get back to OS X _from_ Windows, except a simple restart - because the OS X boot partition is selected already.
DeltaMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac