Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:10 PM   #1
chudson10
macrumors newbie

Looking for Windows XP Solitaire for Mac/iPad

Hello... I am trying to wean my dad off his old Dell desktop and recently bought him an iPad2 (he has an old Macbook laptop also but it's dying a slow death). The only thing he uses the old desktop PC for is the solitaire game (I think it's Spider Solitaire) that came with Windows XP. He LOVES that game and plays it for hours every day! The PC has gotten unbearably slow and I don't want to have to reformat the whole darn thing just for a solitaire game plus I want him to be able to use the iPad more and this would be a good start.

Does anyone know where I can find that exact same version of solitaire to install on either his Mac laptop or more preferably on his new iPad? I have tried downloading various ones from the App Store but they are not the same as the Windows version. Help!!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cindy
chudson10 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Turnpike
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudson10 View Post
Hello... I am trying to wean my dad off his old Dell desktop and recently bought him an iPad2 (he has an old Macbook laptop also but it's dying a slow death). The only thing he uses the old desktop PC for is the solitaire game (I think it's Spider Solitaire) that came with Windows XP. He LOVES that game and plays it for hours every day! The PC has gotten unbearably slow and I don't want to have to reformat the whole darn thing just for a solitaire game plus I want him to be able to use the iPad more and this would be a good start.

Does anyone know where I can find that exact same version of solitaire to install on either his Mac laptop or more preferably on his new iPad? I have tried downloading various ones from the App Store but they are not the same as the Windows version. Help!!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cindy

I just posted a similar post in the iMac forum, I'd love to buy my Mom a new iMac, but she also only plays (and will even consider) the Windows XP version of Spider Solitaire. This is a common issue! Bumping this up... anyone have a suggestion?
Turnpike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:33 AM   #3
iMacFarlane
macrumors 6502a

Solebon Solitaire for Mac and iOS is a great program. Pretty graphics, and loads of games (including 3 or 4 versions of Spider). Recommend it highly!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:55 AM   #4
AnonMac50
macrumors 65816

I believe it run run through Wine.
AnonMac50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games