Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chudson10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Hello... I am trying to wean my dad off his old Dell desktop and recently bought him an iPad2 (he has an old Macbook laptop also but it's dying a slow death). The only thing he uses the old desktop PC for is the solitaire game (I think it's Spider Solitaire) that came with Windows XP. He LOVES that game and plays it for hours every day! The PC has gotten unbearably slow and I don't want to have to reformat the whole darn thing just for a solitaire game plus I want him to be able to use the iPad more and this would be a good start.

Does anyone know where I can find that exact same version of solitaire to install on either his Mac laptop or more preferably on his new iPad? I have tried downloading various ones from the App Store but they are not the same as the Windows version. Help!!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cindy

Turnpike

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
Hello... I am trying to wean my dad off his old Dell desktop and recently bought him an iPad2 (he has an old Macbook laptop also but it's dying a slow death). The only thing he uses the old desktop PC for is the solitaire game (I think it's Spider Solitaire) that came with Windows XP. He LOVES that game and plays it for hours every day! The PC has gotten unbearably slow and I don't want to have to reformat the whole darn thing just for a solitaire game plus I want him to be able to use the iPad more and this would be a good start.

Does anyone know where I can find that exact same version of solitaire to install on either his Mac laptop or more preferably on his new iPad? I have tried downloading various ones from the App Store but they are not the same as the Windows version. Help!!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cindy

I just posted a similar post in the iMac forum, I'd love to buy my Mom a new iMac, but she also only plays (and will even consider) the Windows XP version of Spider Solitaire. This is a common issue! Bumping this up... anyone have a suggestion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.