Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnlovesgolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I have approx 14g of "other" capacity on my iPhone-- I have tried the trick of checking and unchecking the Open itunes, checking and unchecking the other items such as syncing of music, etc. I also did a full restore. My assumption that by doing a restore from backup necessarily puts back on the iphone whatever is causing the problem to begin with.
Any suggestions?

johnlovesgolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Other capacity on iphone

thank you-- if i restore as new-- can you still get contacts put on there?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
You can always set it up as new and then sync your contacts from wherever you have them (gmail, Outlook, icloud etc.)

mms13

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Not 100% sure but I think 'Other' includes your camera roll. Kind of misleading cause there's a "Photos" category but I believe that represents synced photos (from iPhoto, etc). I'm guessing you have a lot of pictures and videos in your roll? That's probably it. If not, it could be Calendar data, Contacts, Safari history/cache (clear these out), text messages (if you never delete your text convos, time to clear them out).

Setup as new will clear out the Other category but you will lose your camera roll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.