Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1
timize
macrumors member

Desktop background keeps changing

Just bought an iMac last month and I absolutely love it. The only problem is that every time I change my desktop background image, whenever I switch user accounts or put it to sleep and wake it up, the background image ends up changing to a different one.

I have no idea why this is... and yes, I made sure that I don't have changing background images every x minutes.

Anyone know what's going on here?
timize is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:22 PM   #2
rkaufmann87
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by timize View Post
Just bought an iMac last month and I absolutely love it. The only problem is that every time I change my desktop background image, whenever I switch user accounts or put it to sleep and wake it up, the background image ends up changing to a different one.

I have no idea why this is... and yes, I made sure that I don't have changing background images every x minutes.

Look in System Preferences - Desktop & Screen Saver - Desktop - uncheck the box named Change Picture
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:29 PM   #3
timize
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaufmann87 View Post
Look in System Preferences - Desktop & Screen Saver - Desktop - uncheck the box named Change Picture
I already said I did that.
timize is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:38 PM   #4
btbrossard
macrumors 6502a

Where is your wallpaper image located (on the internal HDD or an external resource)?

I've had the wallpaper default back to an Apple one at times if the computer was started and the remote resource was unavailable at the time of startup.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 07:15 AM   #5
arjen92
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by timize View Post

This probably isn't the case (since you already knew about the change pictures option), but I was very confused with the new mission control that comes with Lion (I've been using macs 4 years now).

So, you know how you can have multiple spaces, each with their own background? On my mac, the option to order the spaces to their usage was turned on. I thought it was terrible. I would constantly switch the order of spaces. Each space had it's own background, so the backgrounds would change.

This is probably not the problem, but who knows.

p.s. sometimes my backgrounds still change when I switch from spaces. E.g. space 1 has grass, space 2 a rhino. I would go from 1 to 2 and then back to 1. For some reason the background in space 1 would have changed to the rhino. Don't know why. It doesn't happen that much so I don't really care.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 01:13 AM   #6
publixbagger
macrumors newbie

Sorry its 2 years late

Its because my little air cant handle pictures so i often delete the picture on the desktop which happens to be my background. All because google chrome doesn't have a save as background. So when I restart my computer the backround is then again changed. Hoped it helped, this was my first reply.
publixbagger is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac