Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 7, 2012, 02:52 AM   #1
walshy05
macrumors newbie

Podcast wont delete!

So I downloaded two podcasts from itunes on my iphone and with iOS 5 when you begin downloading a podcast they immediately show up, where as they used to only became available once the download had finished, which has now become a problem because for some reason an error has occurred with these two and I cannot delete them (note the symbol next to the podcasts)

I cant swipe delete
They dont sync to my computer
Un-syncing the individual podcast and all podcasts doesn't work
tried re-downloading them - but only get duplicates

How can I remove them!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0897.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	323416  
walshy05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Khryz
macrumors 6502a

Bumping this because I am having the exact same annoying problem and my OCD is at astronomical levels. Lol.

If I go back to iTunes to try and re-download it now that I am on WiFi the episode shows "Downloaded" and therefore I cannot re-download.

I have no options.

Do I really need to restore my iPhone or will that not do anything?
Khryz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 03:17 AM   #3
glowmango
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Deleting Podcasts which failed to download ...

Having exactly the same problem

Is there anyone out there with an answer?
glowmango is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 01:39 PM   #4
mizzar
macrumors newbie

Same problem. Can't find an answer anywhere
mizzar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:48 AM   #5
glowmango
macrumors newbie

Smile SOLUTION - Finally!

FINALLY managed to find this solution online. Many thanks to 'BigFus' for being such a legend.

Original post can be found at https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

This is the solution, without having to do a complete wipe and reload of your entire iphone/ipod.

General > Usage > Storage > Music > 'Podcasts'

Click the blue Edit button in the top right corner.

The little red circles with white bars in them appear, click the one next to the podcasts you want to delete (that have the partial downloads), hit delete and it will delete all of the content for that podcast series. Then just re-download.

If you have already deleted all of the individual 'okay' episodes of a particular podcast (that is, the ones that downloaded properly without a problem), then you'll need to download at least one new episode before that podcast title will show up in the list under usage>storage>music -where you can then delete them all, including the incomplete ones.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:13 PM   #6
whatevkev
macrumors newbie

Not working

I am in this section you speak of, and successfully deleted a few podcasts, but I have other ones that do not show up under the settings menu but show up in my ipod section and will not play...
whatevkev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:12 AM   #7
flashyman
Banned

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowmango View Post
FINALLY managed to find this solution online. Many thanks to 'BigFus' for being such a legend.

Original post can be found at https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

This is the solution, without having to do a complete wipe and reload of your entire iphone/ipod.

General > Usage > Storage > Music > 'Podcasts'

Click the blue Edit button in the top right corner.

The little red circles with white bars in them appear, click the one next to the podcasts you want to delete (that have the partial downloads), hit delete and it will delete all of the content for that podcast series. Then just re-download.

If you have already deleted all of the individual 'okay' episodes of a particular podcast (that is, the ones that downloaded properly without a problem), then you'll need to download at least one new episode before that podcast title will show up in the list under usage>storage>music -where you can then delete them all, including the incomplete ones.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the detailed Info.
flashyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:14 AM   #8
glowmango
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevkev View Post
I am in this section you speak of, and successfully deleted a few podcasts, but I have other ones that do not show up under the settings menu but show up in my ipod section and will not play...
All I can suppose is to refer to my previous post: "If you have already deleted all of the individual 'okay' episodes of a particular podcast (that is, the ones that downloaded properly without a problem), then you'll need to download at least one new episode before that podcast title will show up in the list under usage>storage>music -where you can then delete them all, including the incomplete ones."

Hope this helps
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:22 AM   #9
voaudio
macrumors newbie

podcast problem points

Many of these problem points, such as difficulty accessing, syncing or deleting podcasts are reoccuring themes with itunes. There are a number of platforms that offer alternatives to itunes that aim to make listening to podcasts easier. VoAudio is a platform being released next month that aims to fix all of these problems and make enjoying podcast an extremely streamline operation. Check us out at www.voaudio.com and sign up to become a beta tester to make sure that none of the problems that you've had in the past are problems that you will have to encounter in the future!

- VoAudio Team
voaudio is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting