Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 26, 2014, 02:27 PM   #1
satchmo
macrumors 6502

Adobe Muse & PhoneGap to build app

Has anyone tried or gone this route to make an iphone app?
Since Muse exports HTML, I would think PhoneGap would be able to wrap this and make it iPhone and android compatible.
satchmo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 03:31 PM   #2
chrono1081
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
Has anyone tried or gone this route to make an iphone app?
Since Muse exports HTML, I would think PhoneGap would be able to wrap this and make it iPhone and android compatible.
In my personal experience, Phonegap is garbage. I'm currently rewriting our iPad app at work (created with Phonegap) to native because of how problematic Phonegap is.

That being said Phonegap isn't the sole problem, it's mixing more web crap into the mix (jQuery, Angular JS) that adds to the issues.

We ran into a big problem when iOS 7.1 was released. Phone gap wasn't ready for it and we couldn't compile our app. It was a guy at work who toiled like crazy to create a workaround until Phonegap updated.

Some may like Phonegap, I personally think its garbage.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 02:56 PM   #3
satchmo
macrumors 6502

Thanks for your assessment of PhoneGap.
I was hoping to find the most simplest way into building a simple app.

As a designer, I'm not big on coding. I can get by with simple HTML and CSS. Perhaps even manage jquery.
I've been looking for simple ways to generate HTML code that can then simply be wrapped and packaged for iOS. Muse, and Webflow are two that came to mind.
satchmo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development