Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 21, 2002, 04:08 AM   #1
RandomMacGuy
macrumors member

Question Mini Portables

I don't care if its shady or unsupported... I have a possibly supported idea that Apple has some kind or miniature portable computer in the works.

It will be interesting to see whether this pans out after the very likely flames
RandomMacGuy is offline   0
Old Oct 21, 2002, 04:59 AM   #2
irmongoose
macrumors 68030

Woah you're pretty random.. RandomMacGuy!

irmongoose
Old Oct 21, 2002, 07:10 AM   #3
DaveGee
macrumors 6502a

Coffee drink must before morning early posting.
DaveGee is offline   0
Old Oct 22, 2002, 05:56 PM   #4
JSRockit
macrumors 6502a

I would buy an Apple SubNotebook in a minute as long as it was under $1400...which in the world of sub-notebooks seems hard to do.

10" Screen
.80" thick
G3 Processor (Battery Life)
512MB Ram
external CD-RW
JSRockit is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2002, 06:29 PM   #5
cb911
macrumors 601

Send a message via ICQ to cb911 Send a message via AIM to cb911
a subnotebook would be cool, then i could just get a PowerMac instead of my TiBook and have the subnotebook for when i'm on the run.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 09:30 PM   #6
JSRockit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally posted by cb911
a subnotebook would be cool, then i could just get a PowerMac instead of my TiBook and have the subnotebook for when i'm on the run.
If the TiBook wasn't so damn wide...it would be perfect for bringing with you. The iBook is great (what I currently use), but a real sub-notebook would be perfect.
JSRockit is offline   0
Old Oct 24, 2002, 02:59 AM   #7
mangis
macrumors member

A guy I know at apple Japan confirmed that there is a sub notebook in the making, and it will be released first in the Japan market at Tokyo MacWorld. He said the Japan leads the world in laptop sales, and that it would be offered here for a month beofore released worldwide.

This makes sense, as Japan is truly a country of pedestrians, and need real portablilty. Most Americans throw their laptops into their cars and take off, whereas Japanese really walk around all day. The current ibooks are much too heavy to carry around on a routine basis.

I cant wait to get my sub!!!!!!!
mangis is offline   0
Old Oct 24, 2002, 05:32 PM   #8
JSRockit
macrumors 6502a

I damn well hope you are right... except it sounds like we will have to buy it from dynamism.com and it will be like $2500 or something crazy.
JSRockit is offline   0
Old Oct 24, 2002, 08:26 PM   #9
Fukui
macrumors 68000

iSub

Quote:
A guy I know at apple Japan confirmed that there is a sub notebook in the making, and it will be released first in the Japan market at Tokyo MacWorld. He said the Japan leads the world in laptop sales, and that it would be offered here for a month beofore released worldwide.

This makes sense, as Japan is truly a country of pedestrians, and need real portablilty. Most Americans throw their laptops into their cars and take off, whereas Japanese really walk around all day. The current ibooks are much too heavy to carry around on a routine basis.

I cant wait to get my sub!!!!!!!
That would be nice.
Fukui is offline   0
Old Oct 24, 2002, 09:15 PM   #10
isogonic

thinksecret fake

I suppose you have all seen the fake Apple Sub/Pad pics on thinksecret and spymac. Whoever made the pic seems to know want I want in a portable, unlike Apple (so far). It seems to me that without an optical drive, a thickness of 1 inch and an OPTIONAL touch screen could keep the device within a reasonable price range.
isogonic is offline   0
Old Oct 24, 2002, 09:38 PM   #11
JSRockit
macrumors 6502a

Re: thinksecret fake

Quote:
Originally posted by isogonic
I suppose you have all seen the fake Apple Sub/Pad pics on thinksecret and spymac. Whoever made the pic seems to know want I want in a portable, unlike Apple (so far). It seems to me that without an optical drive, a thickness of 1 inch and an OPTIONAL touch screen could keep the device within a reasonable price range.
Of course it dooes not run OS X...but fujitsu's p series notebooks are kinda cool. The Sony that was photoshopped for the PowerBook Duo Pic in question is tiny. It has like a 6" screen. It is too small to use for everyday purposes. The Sony SRX99 is small enough to be a sub-notebook...but powerful enough and big enough to be useful.
JSRockit is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2003, 07:31 PM   #12
RandomMacGuy
macrumors member

Its interesting...

... how I was COMPLETELY CORRECT!

SCORE 1 FOR MY RELIABLE SOURCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 7, 2003, 07:50 PM   #13
JSRockit
macrumors 6502a

I don't get how you were correct...it is not a mini laptop...it is full size..just like the iBook.
JSRockit is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers