CS 5.5 hardware requirements/performance - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Feb 8, 2012, 04:33 PM   #1
MrKennedy
macrumors member

CS 5.5 hardware requirements/performance

I've just learned that I qualify for the student pricing for CS 5.5 and it should be here by the weekend. I'm concerned about it running smoothly on my early 2011 13" MPB with the i5 chipset. I remember running an older version of CS on my plastic macbook back in '07 or '08 and it was usable, but choppy. Also, at an internship I used CS 4 on the unibody plastic macbook.

Would I be better off installing CS 5.5 on my MPB or on my 2011 iMac (also an i5)?

Thanks a bunch!
MrKennedy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2012, 09:10 AM   #2
YESimBLUNTED
macrumors member

Put the suite on both of them. With the student version (as with all versions I think) you get to install the software on two machines, they just can't be running the same program at the same time. It is meant for installation on a desktop and laptop but as long as they are not using the programs at the same time it doesn't matter what machine type (desktop or laptop).

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics