Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 9, 2012, 01:23 AM   #1
chopperman9
macrumors newbie

deleted hotmail from iPhone 4 lost all contacts and calendar.. help!

hey everyone!

i was having problems sending email through hotmail on my iPhone 4 and thought that by deleting the account from the mail app, it would solve my problems. after i deleted it and then re-added it to the mail app again, i noticed all my contacts and calendar had been deleted and replaced by my hotmail contacts. i tried to restore from a backup, but apparently there were no recent ones that i could use.

does anybody know of a way to get all my contacts and calendar back?? i'm very annoyed at this point, so any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!
chopperman9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2012, 01:25 AM   #2
zigzagg321
macrumors 6502

Did you have an active iCloud account setup on the phone before this happened?
zigzagg321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2012, 01:29 AM   #3
chopperman9
macrumors newbie

unfortunatey, no... would that have helped?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 01:37 AM   #4
zigzagg321
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperman9 View Post
unfortunatey, no... would that have helped?
Yes, as long as you had contacts turned on in iCloud, I believe you would still have your contacts.

Go into: Setting>Mail,Contacts,Calendars> scroll down to the contacts area and what is your Default Account set to?
zigzagg321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2012, 01:53 AM   #5
chopperman9
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagg321 View Post
Yes, as long as you had contacts turned on in iCloud, I believe you would still have your contacts.

Go into: Setting>Mail,Contacts,Calendars> scroll down to the contacts area and what is your Default Account set to?
the default account is set to SoftBank (it's a Japanese iPhone)

----------

do you know if there's a way to restore from a backup within a backup? i am looking at the backup files and it has a whole bunch of smaller files, so i'm wondering if one of those could have the settings before i deleted hotmail from the phone..

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting