Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Mr 005
macrumors newbie

Blue Screen on mac mini

I have windows 7 64 bit running on my mac mini mid-2011 (newest version atm) with the 2.5ghz i5 and the AMD Radeon HD 6630M. my main drive is partitioned for windows 7. i barely have anything installed on it:
blender
steam
skyrim
chrome
7zip
quicktime
apple drivers

as stated, i did install the drivers i was supposed to for my computer including the graphics one but it does not seem to be performing correctly. i first noticed problems when i was just browsing and a stretched checkerboard pattern started to flicker here and there in a small section of the screen towards the bottom right. also when i play skyrim, i sometimes find distorted planes in the sky that would flicker as i move and i would have to restart the game to fix it. now, most recently, i was running a bake in the background in blender while doing normal web browsing and boom, blue screen of death pops up. the computer restarted before i caught it all but i caught something about video card drivers. the blue screen was confirmed with a dialouge box once i restarted saying "windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" and in the details i have "Problem name: BlueScreen" and some other things. anyone know whats up here? my mac runs fine on osx
Mr 005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac