Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hey guys,

I have notes sync on in iCloud and also have an a dedicated gmail
Account only for notes. Also, my default notes account is gmail one.

My question is, where can I find those notes on my gmail account. Do they go to my email account or get stores in google docs. I coukdnt find in google docs. I want to be able
To see my notes files on my pc and iPhone simultaneously.

What are the options??

Reactions: santhu221633

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hey thank u so much. I did find the folder. But there are only a few of my notes there. Not all of them.. Any reasons??

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Can't they be stored at both the places?? And any way to access notes saved in the cloud from the computer??

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Can't they be stored at both the places?? And any way to access notes saved in the cloud from the computer??
i would think u should be able to load them on your MAC under notes if u are signed into icloud on that machine? I'm not 100% sure as i don't use notes at all....just a thought to try though.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
i would think u should be able to load them on your MAC under notes if u are signed into icloud on that machine? I'm not 100% sure as i don't use notes at all....just a thought to try though.

Any ideas for windows??

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Yes that's exactly how I have set up..

what u may wanna try is to disable notes on icloud and when it asks u if u want to delete them from your phone make sure to choose NO. Then it should sync up with your gmail notes. This is exactly how i transferred my icloud contacts into gmail. is worth a shot.

tommot82

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
what u may wanna try is to disable notes on icloud and when it asks u if u want to delete them from your phone make sure to choose NO. Then it should sync up with your gmail notes. This is exactly how i transferred my icloud contacts into gmail. is worth a shot.

FANTASTIC tip thanks alot!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for the tip! Can I edit my notes written in Notes in Gmail? Right now they just appear as actual emails and all I can do is reply..
I didn't spend that much time on it, but didn't really see a way to do it. You are probably better off either using Google Keep or some other notes solution (like iCloud notes, or some other more dedicated service like Evernote perhaps).

Reactions: BigMcGuire

ericagrace

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2018
They appear as emails. Look at your 'Notes' label.
[doublepost=1518641151][/doublepost]
They appear as emails. Look at your 'Notes' label.
I am in TEARS right now. My little 14 month old son deleted all of my notes. My dad died four years ago and every time I dream of him, I write the entire dream in my notes. Everything I have written over the last 4 years was gone. I googled and found this and you made my entire day. THANK YOU.

Reactions: macizcool
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.