Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1
BraydonHughes
macrumors newbie

Minecraft Server for Two on Macbook Pro, Help!

I am thinking about buying the 2012 Macbook Pro 13.3" i7 2.9Ghz with the Intel HD 4000 graphics in it. I have a Cooler Master U-Stand that I use on my current pc.

I was wondering if this MBP will be able to handle a minecraft server for me and my girlfriend with just the server, minecraft and hamatchi running on the computer?

I have ran it on my current computer (HP G62 358CA i3 Processor 8GB RAM) and it ran fine, a little slow and my computer ran pretty hot.

Can this be done or will the computer be way too hot even with the cooler?
BraydonHughes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Sam726627
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraydonHughes View Post
I am thinking about buying the 2012 Macbook Pro 13.3" i7 2.9Ghz with the Intel HD 4000 graphics in it. I have a Cooler Master U-Stand that I use on my current pc.

I was wondering if this MBP will be able to handle a minecraft server for me and my girlfriend with just the server, minecraft and hamatchi running on the computer?

I have ran it on my current computer (HP G62 358CA i3 Processor 8GB RAM) and it ran fine, a little slow and my computer ran pretty hot.

Can this be done or will the computer be way too hot even with the cooler?
Yes We have two Macs in my household, my iMac. And my Parents MPB 2011 (forgot the specs but definitely lower than the one you're on about) And I run a Minecraft Server for 20+ with the MBP when they are out. And even sometimes play Minecraft with about 8 people online on the same computer. You'll find that you can do everything you can do normally probably run hamatachi. But I would recommend Port Mapping for hosting it rather than Hamatachi.

Just make sure when you're editing the start.command for the server you set the Memory to something less than 1024 I use 1800 for large amounts of players.
Sam726627 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games