|Feb 14, 2012, 06:05 PM||#1|
how to force openssl command to read ldap.conf by default?
I'm stuck with this openssl problem for a week... What I'm trying to do is to enable SSL via Open Directory. Here is what I did so far:
- Exported self-signed root certificate authority and certificate from server in .csr format, renamed to .pem and imported this CA in client machine via Keychain Access App. (later also copied to /etc/openldap/mycert)
- At Terminal window I entered: <openssl s_client -connect aaa.example.com:636 -showcert"> and copied the server certificate that begin with "----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----", pasted on Textedit and saved it with a name "mycert.pem".
- under /etc/openldap I created mycert directory and pasted those two pem file mentioned above, and rehashed with command <sudo c_rehash> and it created link files that have a .0 extension.
- at this moment I redo <openssl s_client -connect aaa.example.com:636 -CApath /etc/openldap/mycert> and it returns "Verify return code: 0 (ok)".
- I thought everything's fine so I modified /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and added the line "TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/mycert", so that I run again openssl command without -CAPath and then it returned "Verify return code: 21 (unable to verify the first certificate)". What's wrong here...?
- when I run the command <ldapsearch -V -x -H ldaps://aaa.example.com:636 -b "dc=aaa,dc=example,dc=com"> it returns "result: 0 success". I also opened Directory Utility and double clicked LDAPv3 in the Services tab, and ticked "SSL" box. It seemed that everything went well, but when I restart my iMac/Macbook, at the login window it doesn't show available directory network anymore (without SSL works fine).
my enviroment is:
Intel imac 24 late 2006 - snow leopard 10.6.8 Server,
Intel imac 27 late 2009 - snow leopard 10.6.8,
macbook pro Intel 2011 - snow leopard 10.6.8.
If anyone knows how to force openssl to real properly ldap.conf file, or knows how to fix this problem, please answer me. Thanks!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to supercharge Mini?||ranny2||Mac mini||18||Oct 27, 2011 08:53 PM|
|How To Remove Server Part Of Lion?||hhaydenn||iMac||2||Aug 18, 2011 05:21 PM|
|how to make an iso into a img (does not work as an .iso)||mud25||Mac Basics and Help||2||Jul 19, 2011 09:30 PM|
|How to force Time Machine to back up to a smaller drive||akadmon||Mac OS X||0||Sep 13, 2008 03:49 PM|
|How to force the desktop to refresh?||Gary King||Mac OS X||1||Mar 20, 2006 01:43 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.