Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClarkeB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
I put a DVD in my DVD drive and it has been ejected but the disk hasn't come out. I've restarted the computer, tried to put another disk in, etc. Is there any key combo or anything to force eject.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
ClarkeB said:
I put a DVD in my DVD drive and it has been ejected but the disk hasn't come out. I've restarted the computer, tried to put another disk in, etc. Is there any key combo or anything to force eject.

Restart and hold down the mouse button.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
mad jew said:
Restart holding down the mouse button?
It works. It was surprised myself. If you have a stock one button mouse it's dirt easy. Just hold down your button when you restart your machine. A pop up with a warning sign on a dialog box will show up when you restart and asks if you want to eject your disk. On my multibutton mouse I just used the button that's mapped to "Click". It's usually the left button.

Badaow

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2009
This worked for me, no restart required:

Open Terminal and type "drutil tray eject" to eject the disc/tray, and "drutil tray close" to close the tray.

greta

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2009
Force Quit and Relaunch

Much easier yet, type command-option-escape to bring up the force quit screen and select the Finder (button changes to relaunch).
After the Finder relaunched, I could eject the disc. Not restart required!

grannygear

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
Much easier yet, type command-option-escape to bring up the force quit screen and select the Finder (button changes to relaunch).
After the Finder relaunched, I could eject the disc. Not restart required!

this worked beautifully!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.