Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pafell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Hi,

I am starting to use my iPad more as my laptop and I got almost all of my needs covered. Now I need your help to cover another one.

I have two blogs that I run and I sometimes want to include some photo or image in a post. I know that I can now crop images in Photo app but that is not enough. I need an app that will enable me to:
  • resize images (not only crop)
  • blur parts of the image
  • add some text into the image
So basically, it is kind of iPad Photoshop or Pixelmator but not focused on editing pictures I have taken with my camera, but more image editing for Web.

Any suggestions? :)

Last edited:

mattraehl

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2005
There are a number of great image editing apps for the iPad. For your specific feature needs (selective bluring, adding text, resize), you probably want photogene or Filterstorm.

If you have a general interest in photo editing/photography, I recommend checking out Snapseed, Luminance, and PhotoToaster. They are all similar apps, basically they offer standard editing options like brightness, contrast, saturation, etc, in addition to a set of different filters and effects, which can be applied with one tap, but offer many settings which can be tweaked and built upon. All three are universal apps.

I don't have a lot of experience in photo editing but I can stunning results in minutes with these apps on my iPad, vs. hours of Pixelmator tutorials just to get some similar results. But their focus is on image enancement, so they don't offer things like text overlay or highly selective editing. Snapseed won iPad app of the year from Apple and I feel it generally gives the best results but they each have their strengths and slightly different feature sets.

pafell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Photogene for iPad is fantastic, thanks for recommending it! :) This is exactly what I needed: resizing, adding text, partial blurring and lots, lots of other stuff.

I will stick with it for now but I will probably buy one of those other apps you mentioned if I would like to do more photo editing, rather than simple image manipulation.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.