Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Why twitter integration and no facebook in ML? Facebook has many times the userbase than twitter. I do not understand.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Here's the thing.. Apple's sharing options suck. They need to do what Android does, and have room for sharing APIs

Twitter is not nearly as important as Facebook. They're integrating it into everything, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if most people couldn't care less.

We need (on iOS and OS X) the ability to share from anything. I need to be in my photos and be abGet to instantly share from a drop down menu with Google+, Facebook, and any other services I start using. That's how Android is, and it's brilliant. We don't even need to "share" it. I want the quick option to bring a picture into Evernote, ect. Again, this is something Android does that OS X and iOS needs to borrow from.

Twitter is just... Unimportant

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Here's the thing.. Apple's sharing options suck. They need to do what Android does, and have room for sharing APIs

Twitter is not nearly as important as Facebook. They're integrating it into everything, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if most people couldn't care less.

We need (on iOS and OS X) the ability to share from anything. I need to be in my photos and be abGet to instantly share from a drop down menu with Google+, Facebook, and any other services I start using. That's how Android is, and it's brilliant. We don't even need to "share" it. I want the quick option to bring a picture into Evernote, ect. Again, this is something Android does that OS X and iOS needs to borrow from.

Twitter is just... Unimportant

Just because Twitter may be unimportant to you, doesn't mean that it's unimportant.

Times, they are changing and I think we'll see that Apple made the right choice with this one.

innominato5090

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009

there are sharing APIs actually

Screen%20Shot%202012-02-17%20at%208.20.21%20AM.png

someone has just to came up with an app that shares on Facebook.

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
I dig the idea of Twitter integration honestly. I think Facebook is still important and whatnot, but just because Apple has chosen to give us this relatively useful additional feature, it's far from a negative thing, even if it isn't Facebook.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
You can always have your twitter feed post directly to FaceBook. I have at least one friend who's FB presence is exclusively what he tweets.

Win-win for the OP?:)

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Why twitter integration and no facebook in ML? Facebook has many times the userbase than twitter. I do not understand.

You're right, facebook has more registered users than twitter, but twitter is actually in the spotlight more than facebook, and twitter is growing faster than facebook. So facebook might be on top right now, but apple is looking towards the future. I think google will put its weight behind g+, and apple will focus on twitter (maybe even buy them?) and those will be the two "big ones" that everyone uses.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Not on the best terms.

Regardless, a lot of people use facebook (800 million i think). Petty disagreements aside, they should integrate that too.

----------

You're right, facebook has more registered users than twitter, but twitter is actually in the spotlight more than facebook, and twitter is growing faster than facebook. So facebook might be on top right now, but apple is looking towards the future. I think google will put its weight behind g+, and apple will focus on twitter (maybe even buy them?) and those will be the two "big ones" that everyone uses.

Facebook has 800 million users and over half log in every day. The same cannot be said for twitter. Twitter also has a very different appeal than facebook. Regardless, this is something that most of their users use. I am disappointed that they chose only twitter and not both.

gcortes

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2011
Redwood City, California
I only read Twitter feeds so the new functionality doesn't help me, but I'm sure lots of people will find it useful. I'm guessing Apple would integrate Facebook if they could. It's too big a market to pass up.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
There is an API. Facebook is free to add the option and it will be available in every app that uses the built-in "Share Sheets" right next to the default ones.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Facebook jumped the shark a few years back. Now it's just for big advertisers and your mom.

Twitter is where it's at.

No disrespect, but Facebook's ~157 million users would disagree.

I agree that if they don't change a few things, they're going to go the way of MySpace, but you can easily say the same for Twitter. They need a monetization plan ASAP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.