Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
I'm getting an no entry icon when trying to drag one clip to replace the other, same format, compression etc.

I have no idea why this is happening... anyone?

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
fcpx

nevermind, i quit, re opened it and now it works
haha okay well have fun :)
p.s. at times Ive seen this happened due to errant blank frames caused by using the Position tool. You get a warning that you dont enough video frames for this or that. Anoying but easily fixed if you zoom in on the area.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
thanks. Ive taken to stop trying to understand why fcpx does things sometimes, I love the speed but ugh. Sometimes i get another bug whereby i can't select any clips, it only works if i right click the clip and then click of the contextual menu. Quit/retstart always fixes it

bleh

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Ive been using it since June and have numerous bugs that dont seem to stick :p
But hey, I can say the same about other apps thats been around 10 years longer ;)

harddriveowner

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2007
Stop complaining. It is a young program and not everything is perfect but its potential especially with the ability to Publish effects etc from Motion makes is a quantm leap beyond FCP 7. Everyone loves to complain when anyhting is new.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
Stop complaining. It is a young program and not everything is perfect but its potential especially with the ability to Publish effects etc from Motion makes is a quantm leap beyond FCP 7. Everyone loves to complain when anyhting is new.
...especially when you consider that FCP wasn't really there before version 4. It took Apple years to get it up to task, and now we want it all in one day. :rolleyes:

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Good lord we had it at v1.
Opened it up a few times since then we had Premiere and media 100.
Didnt really start to use it till v3.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
...especially when you consider that FCP wasn't really there before version 4. It took Apple years to get it up to task, and now we want it all in one day. :rolleyes:
Yes, they've had over a decade of experience to learn from so hopefully the timetable is accelerated significantly. If it really takes Apple another 4 years to get FCP X 'up to task' then they are in major trouble.

Lethal

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
For me it is pretty much there. I'm not working for a post house, broadcast (beyond a rural station) or Hollywood though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.