Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Do you ever use a headset when gaming?

I just picked up the Sony Playstation Wireless Stereo Headset. I've tried it out on both my MacBook Pro and my PS3 and I have to say this is probably the best gaming headset I've ever used (and it's affordable too!) What headsets do you use?

Sirobin

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2008
California
I’m using the Turtle Beach X12 for both my computer and 360. It’s the only real headset I’ve ever owned, so I can’t compare it to anything else, but I definitely love it.

nilka

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
If I use a headset or not for gaming depends on two things, if there is someone else close or if I am doing competetive gaming. There is no way I would do competetive gaming without a good headset. As of now I am using Sennheiser PC 360 with the Sennheiser USB soundcard, and I really do enjoy it. This unforyuantly is not the cheapest of headsets but it has great sound and is very comfortable to wear hours upon hours.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've used one in the past, just started using one again, but I'm having an issue in that the headset (headset/mic) I used on my desktop is a USB headset. Since I'm limited in USB ports on my MBP (2 ports), I need a duplex USB connector if such a thing exists or I need to get a new headset that uses the combo mic jack. Currently I have a USB mouse and I plan on cranking up my Nostromo N52 game controller which is also USB, and my current headset makes number 3rd USB device.

How do your headsets connect to your computer?

pulawman

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I use a headset on everything. For PC gaming and on my Macs I rawk the Razer carcharias, PS3 I use the sony wireless headset, and on the xbox I use the ol' cheapo headset included.

ndonnine

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
California
I used to use a headset on my xbox360 all the time. I stopped. Too many 14 yr olds running around screaming the N word and ****. It was a great asset back with the original xbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.