Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
I think thats why Apples abandoning support for Macs without dedicated, decent graphics. that and the inclusion of Game Center

DeckMan

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Sure, it's possible they're actively getting more developers to create games for Mountain Lion, though that is pure speculation at this point. Gaming is already nicer on OS X than Windows, at least with the games I tried, because you can put most of them in window mode and put them in the background to check your mail and such. With some modern games that's still not possible on Windows. And they should work beautifully in conjunction with the new fullscreen = separate space paradigm.

nostylluan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Sure, it's possible they're actively getting more developers to create games for Mountain Lion, though that is pure speculation at this point. Gaming is already nicer on OS X than Windows, at least with the games I tried, because you can put most of them in window mode and put them in the background to check your mail and such. With some modern games that's still not possible on Windows. And they should work beautifully in conjunction with the new fullscreen = separate space paradigm.

you can alt-tab in windows 7 better than you can small window your game in osx.

DeckMan

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
you can alt-tab in windows 7 better than you can small window your game in osx.

You can? The games I tried it with crash upon trying to get back to them. Granted, those weren't a lot of games, and their hypothetical OS X counterpart might not support tabbing out of them either, depending on what the developer does, I guess.

Also, what I meant was that the games I played on OS X all supported cmd+tabbing out of them (and Exposé and the likes), and some even supported windowing them.

Reactions: jblagden
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.