Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sagarshivam

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2011
Dear All

In my split view based app, detail view is an UIWebView and main view contains file list (pdf, image, doc,ppt etc). Also I have created one toolbar on upper part of detail view where "open-in" button is placed.

How is it possible that If I tap on any file in main view, then list of applications (that can open that file ) comes in drop down of "open-in" menu option. I am sure it has to do with UIDocumentInteractionController. But how to get list of supported applications installed on iPad that should come in the drop down list.

Like for, pdf file tapped, options as iAnnotate and other pdf viewer should come which all are installed on the iPad.

Also, I have read somewhere that UIDocumentInteractionController cant be tested on simulator and can be tested on real device only. Is it so?

Regards,
Sagar

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Look at Apple's DocInteraction sample code. It does exactly what you're describing. It works fine on the Sim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.