Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:10 AM   #1
JuicyJones
macrumors member

Is Mountain Lion going to be 64-bit ONLY?

I've read rumors about 10.8 being 64-bit only, which seems really cool but I just don't buy into it. There are too many applications that are 32-bit still and Apple would have to do a lot of updating to change this. iWork is exclusively 32-bit. We all know we need a new version of iWork but I think we all gave up hope that it will be out anytime soon. Also Logic is natively 32-bit and 64-bit must be enabled manually. But even if you do enable it manually, a lot of Logic Plugins still run in 32-bit mode. Do u think we'll see software updates to these applications before 10.8 or new versions of these applications? Or could the rumors be false that 10.8 will be exclusively 64-bit?
JuicyJones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:11 AM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyJones View Post
I've read rumors about 10.8 being 64-bit only, which seems really cool but I just don't buy into it. There are too many applications that are 32-bit still and Apple would have to do a lot of updating to change this. iWork is exclusively 32-bit. We all know we need a new version of iWork but I think we all gave up hope that it will be out anytime soon. Also Logic is natively 32-bit and 64-bit must be enabled manually. But even if you do enable it manually, a lot of Logic Plugins still run in 32-bit mode. Do u think we'll see software updates to these applications before 10.8 or new versions of these applications? Or could the rumors be false that 10.8 will be exclusively 64-bit?
Check out this thread here.

Will OS X 10.8 be x64 only?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:21 AM   #3
JuicyJones
macrumors member

Thanks.
JuicyJones is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Tags
10.8, 32-bit, 64-bit, logic, mountain lion