Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:12 AM   #1
majordude
macrumors 68020

Unhappy How can I add photos to camera roll without syncing?

I have some images on my work computer that I want to send to my iPhone (without syncing through iTunes because it isn't installed at work) and store them in my camera roll so that they are accessible for uploading through my social apps.

Any idea how to do this?
majordude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:13 AM   #2
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by majordude View Post
I have some images on my work computer that I want to send to my iPhone (without syncing through iTunes because it isn't installed at work) and store them in my camera roll so that they are accessible for uploading through my social apps.

Any idea how to do this?
Email the photos to your iPhone's email. Then, you can save them to your Camera Roll (you just hold down on a picture then it gives you an option to save it).
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Kyotoma
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMBP View Post
Email the photos to your iPhone's email. Then, you can save them to your Camera Roll (you just hold down on a picture then it gives you an option to save it).
This, or you can tap the reply arrow on the bottom of the display and select save all photos. It usually gives you the number of images being saved.

Do take note that both of these features only work after all of the images have been loaded.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:20 AM   #4
PNutts
macrumors 601

If you're using the iOS latest and greatest, you can upload your photos from the work PC to Photo Stream via the iCloud control panel and then save them to your phone.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:27 AM   #5
majordude
macrumors 68020

Wow! Thanks, all! It's easier than I expected!
majordude is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:32 AM   #6
TJ61
macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

But wait, there's more! With a Dropbox account you can view the photos on your phone, with the option of saving them to your camera roll.

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:45 PM   #7
htep
macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I'm interested in because when I use dropbox or the apps drop2roll, I lose the EXIF (or geoloc) information... When I compare the picture before and after upload, weight is different...

The only way I found is to upload picture to a website and download them one by one.

The problem is that I have 150 pictures to restore (after a crash of my backup).

Can someone help?
htep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 10:55 PM   #8
MediaPlex
macrumors newbie

Only if Photostream doesnt break

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNutts View Post
If you're using the iOS latest and greatest, you can upload your photos from the work PC to Photo Stream via the iCloud control panel and then save them to your phone.
Only if photostream doesnt break like it did with my setup and I can not get it back to working condition anymore.
MediaPlex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 06:40 PM   #9
EvilQueen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ61 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

But wait, there's more! With a Dropbox account you can view the photos on your phone, with the option of saving them to your camera roll.

Regards,
Tom
This is what I use. Super simple.
EvilQueen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 07:21 PM   #10
Frederico Luna
macrumors member

Look up for Photo Transfer App on the App Store. It's one of the best apps ever
Frederico Luna is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:24 PM   #11
rlb4
macrumors member

Quote:
How do you do this? I don't see that option when I am logged in to the icloud website?
rlb4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:43 PM   #12
saintforlife
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post
How do you do this? I don't see that option when I am logged in to the icloud website?
You need to download the iCloud control panel SW to your Windows PC first.
saintforlife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:49 PM   #13
rlb4
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
You need to download the iCloud control panel SW to your Windows PC first.
Is that part of itunes or a separate download?
rlb4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 05:34 PM   #14
saintforlife
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post
Is that part of itunes or a separate download?
It is a separate download. But when you download iTunes I think it does ask if you want to install it along with iTunes. But you can install it separately too later. Just do a Google search for it. You should see a link for the download.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:35 PM   #15
theghost
macrumors newbie

You can use rollit photo transfer app to put your photos and videos back to camera roll .. its available at the app store
theghost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2013, 02:10 PM   #16
SHirsch999
macrumors 6502

I use an app called Photosync. Works perfectly for what you are describing as long as the computer and iPhone are on the same wifi network.
SHirsch999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2013, 02:38 PM   #17
DMaki650
macrumors regular

Quote:
What this person said. There is a folder if you have Windows (not sure on Mac) but in Documents under the Photos folder there is a folder called Photo Stream in that folder there is a folder called Upload. You can move photo's in that folder and it well auto upload and appear on your phone.
DMaki650 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 08:46 AM   #18
Neirys
macrumors newbie

You can also download "Rollit, photo transfer app" available on the App Store. Really easy way to transfer photos and videos without installing any Mac or PC software and no needed to use iTunes synchronization. Here's the link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roll...l=fr&ls=1&mt=8
Neirys is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone