Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:35 PM   #1
troop231
macrumors 601

Question How to delete all iMessages on Mac?

I've been deleting the transcripts folder after I quit the Messages program, but when I reopen it, the conversations are still appearing Can anyone provide a solution? Thanks in advance

Edit: it LOOKS as if they're stored on the server side, when I delete a conversation to myself, then send a new message, the old conversation appears, this is very annoying.
troop231 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Newfiebill
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by troop231 View Post
I've been deleting the transcripts folder after I quit the Messages program, but when I reopen it, the conversations are still appearing Can anyone provide a solution? Thanks in advance

Edit: it LOOKS as if they're stored on the server side, when I delete a conversation to myself, then send a new message, the old conversation appears, this is very annoying.
You do know that this is in Beta? It will get worked out I'm sure.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion