Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1
rm19
macrumors member

Ipod stuck in battery low screen

Hi everyone,

Im trying to fix my 1st gen iPod touch, and i know there are already many threads about this, but i need a more specific solution. Im going to see if i can get this fixed by a professional, but there are a few things wrong with it.

1. The screen is cracked
2. The home button does not work any more
3. The battery cables come loose sometimes (from the interior of the iPod)
4. It only turns on when i use an old fire wire cable charger, that makes it turn on only when the connector (that connects cable to iPod) is at an angle
5. It seems to charge when i connect it to my mac with a doc station and usb cable, yet again when the iPod is at an angle

My over aching problem that i need fixed is: how do i make it come back on and stay on without having to stay on power? It seems like its a battery issue, but i have ruled that out because only 2 months back, i tried using it, and it worked for a while, until it stopped again. This a very strange case, and any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
rm19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:55 PM   #2
thegreati
macrumors regular

The battery cables on the iTouch first generation are soldered onto the logic board. If they are "coming loose" chances are you either need them soldered securely back onto the board or just need a new battery all together.

Check for pocket lint/gunk inside the charging/usb dock of your iTouch.. That may be why its connecting at an angle.

It sounds like you most likely need a battery, but in worst case scenario it could be your Logic Board.. And that is a another story.

Good luck!
thegreati is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch