Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canezmd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
So this might be a stupid question... iPhone 4s, 5.0.1... absinthe...

installed winterboard, installed black UPS HD theme. Winterboard isn't working right. If i check on the black ups Lock screen theme... it won't let me us a user lock screen background. I tried checking it and moving User lock screen background to the top of the list, then to the bottom... no matter what it won't display my user background. It only shows the one that comes with the Black UPS HD theme.

And it won't load the apple carrier logo or blue battery either. I tried removing and re-installing winter board.

Anyone have this problem?

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
If you select a theme, the background is part of the theme, and you cannot use a user background as well. At least not in iOS 5.

But you can modify the theme: Connect to your iPhone with one of the programs that let you browse the file system (iExplorer on Mac, don't know the name in Windows) or with an ssh client. Go to /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX where the XXXXXX is a random string of letters. Find your theme. Replace the file with the background image, it is often called background.jpg. Start winterboard, unselect the theme and select it again, and let winterboard respring your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.