Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melow71

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
I have just recently installed outlook and I am trying to figure out how to change the time frame that outlook uses to check mail automatically? I read online to go into tools and some other stuff, but that process doesn't work for mac because the features they were suggesting are not there?

anyone?

HeadGear

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2012
I have just recently installed outlook and I am trying to figure out how to change the time frame that outlook uses to check mail automatically? I read online to go into tools and some other stuff, but that process doesn't work for mac because the features they were suggesting are not there?

anyone?

I believe in Mac that it's automatic. Once the e-mail is sent or received you will get it right away. If you have an Exchange account you need to contact them directly to change any of those settings.

interrobang

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2011

It's Tools > Run Schedule > Edit Schedules...

And a tip: When you search for information about Outlook on the Mac, make sure you include "mac" or the version ("2011".) Otherwise you'll find information about other versions.

Microsoft's help page for Outlook 2011 is here: http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/en-us/outlook/

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
I believe in Mac that it's automatic. Once the e-mail is sent or received you will get it right away. If you have an Exchange account you need to contact them directly to change any of those settings.

Outlook does not have AutoSync for Exchange accounts.

Outlook checks the server for updates every minute, any folder that has updates will subsequently be synced. Since Outlook has a limit on how many folders can be synced at a time, there can be a queue of folders waiting. The Inbox does get high priority so it will generally sync before other folders that also need to sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.