Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Apollo1111
macrumors newbie

Mail app in Mountain Lion

Does anyone with a Developer Preview know if they updated the functionality of the Archive button in the new Mail app in Mountain Lion?

They introduced the Archive button in Lion, but it annoyingly just moves the messages into a new folder it creates called /Archive, instead of actually Archiving it. This is relevant for a lot of Gmail users.

Interestingly, the Archive button has been part of the Mail app in iOS for several versions and it works perfectly. It even replaces the Trash button by default when you set up a Gmail account.

I'm hoping this kind of little consistency isn't overlooked with the integration of these features into Mountain Lion.
Apollo1111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Krazy Bill
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo1111 View Post
I'm hoping this kind of little consistency isn't overlooked with the integration of these features into Mountain Lion.
Don't get your hopes up. You see that command when you right click an item in the trash can? Yeah, "Put Back" is what I'm talking about.

One day some dumbass coder removed it then I think 3 OSX versions later some other dumbass coder remembered to put it back.

Last edited by Krazy Bill; Feb 22, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:38 AM   #3
Apollo1111
macrumors newbie

Yeah. I'm just really hoping they make the Archive button work the same as it does in iOS, which is to say actually archive the messages for Gmail accounts.

I'm not a developer, but I hope someone files it as a bug report if the button still functions the way it does in Lion.
Apollo1111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:53 AM   #4
haravikk
macrumors 65816

I think anyone with an Apple ID can post a bug report? Just go to http://bugreport.apple.com

At the very least you don't need to have a paid developer account. Since Apple seems to be keen to make as many features the same as iOS as possible then it seems like something they might pounce upon with Mountain Lion.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion